Derrick May - Beatfactor Interview

- open
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

the detroit guys became very lame and that's the pure truth
- kenny larkin, jeff mills and derrick may have a too good opinion about themselves, kind of the center of the music univers ( bleah)
- kevin saunderson - well he's a very calm and quiet guy, more preocupied of his kid at home than the music.

detroit vibe is dead. sorry :)

MY VERY PERSONAL OPINON :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

whatever wrote:the detroit guys became very lame and that's the pure truth
- kenny larkin, jeff mills and derrick may have a too good opinion about themselves, kind of the center of the music univers ( bleah)
- kevin saunderson - well he's a very calm and quiet guy, more preocupied of his kid at home than the music.

Now it's all about luciano and Ricardo YEAH !!!!!! :lol:
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

what do you mean by 'detroit vibe'??
i think there's many people from the detroit area who would very much disagree with you. oh by the way... are you from detroit? how would you know?
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Mills has been very humble and respectful about this imo
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

there are plenty more producers from detroit beyond the original first, second and third waves, who are still keeping it tight these days. kenny larkin still produces amazing music imo but i kinda agree he's a bit too self absorved hehe.

detroit vibe (?) isn't dead. imo, it's better than ever as of lately.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

antonio_pt wrote:

there are plenty more producers from detroit beyond the original first, second and third waves, who are still keeping it tight these days. kenny larkin still produces amazing music imo but i kinda agree he's a bit too self absorved hehe.

detroit vibe (?) isn't dead. imo, it's better than ever as of lately.
+ 1

it's enough to see what the new breed of detroit producers are doing, guys like luke hess, ryan crosson, seth troxler, lee curtiss, omar s...the list goes on and on...
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

zentex wrote: it's enough to see what the new breed of detroit producers are doing, guys like luke hess, ryan crosson, seth troxler, lee curtiss, omar s...the list goes on and on...
Agreed.. 5th wave
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Celltek wrote:

Mills has been very humble and respectful about this imo
yeah, you can rip on mills for not being too relevant anymore, but arrogant and cocky he is not.