Your perfect party..

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Der geile Ami wrote:burning man is a trip and a half, but i wouldnt call it a techno paradise. I would love to go again, but not for the party aspect of it unless its moved a bit further away than flavors of trance.
oh ok. i just read topic title "your perfect party" and didnt see it specifiying techno anywhere. but burning man is massive and theres so many types of music there. i went this past one, i heard breakbeat, electro house, and minimal/tech house. there was one place that was playing minimal 24 hours non stop all week. another place i went to was one very small secret offsite spot i went to in the middle of the desert far away from the main city i heard lee burridge play while a dust storm hit. it was one of the most intense experiences ive had.

also perfect party to me is one where no corporate entity (or anyone for that matter) profits.
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I'll be the first to say I would gladly come to your party, Celltek. Great lineup. (Yes, everyone has a different "perfect" lineup, me included, but so what.) I love the little details like herbal teas and a BBQ to get people going and keep them happy. This is often left out at the supposed "higher end" parties.

The dual facing stages at the end with "Tehnology" vs. "Organic" is an interesting and personal concept for Hawtin and Villalobos. I'd love to see it.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

stevësto wrote: oh ok. i just read topic title "your perfect party" and didnt see it specifiying techno anywhere. but burning man is massive and theres so many types of music there. i went this past one, i heard breakbeat, electro house, and minimal/tech house. there was one place that was playing minimal 24 hours non stop all week. another place i went to was one very small secret offsite spot i went to in the middle of the desert far away from the main city i heard lee burridge play while a dust storm hit. it was one of the most intense experiences ive had.

also perfect party to me is one where no corporate entity (or anyone for that matter) profits.
ive reads things have changed since i went (02). i played for my camp twice, but we hosted all sorts of house. there were a few techno parties, but mostly trance to be found in the realm of electronic music.

you are dead right about it still being an awesome party experience. i wish regular parties could have more of the bm aesthetics.
freeeeeee
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

a bar in between titty twister and mos eisley cantina.... only the finest food and drinks are being served... always enough space to dine and feel cosy. nobody cares who's playing but the tables will never stop turning. only the craziest tunes are being played over a superb, warm, cristal clear sound system... the music is being savoured like sweetest wine... no drugs are necessary in this place, cause each visit is like a far out trip by itself... everybody is welcome here, 24 hours, all day and all night, every day. the neverending party....
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Der geile Ami wrote:
stevësto wrote: oh ok. i just read topic title "your perfect party" and didnt see it specifiying techno anywhere. but burning man is massive and theres so many types of music there. i went this past one, i heard breakbeat, electro house, and minimal/tech house. there was one place that was playing minimal 24 hours non stop all week. another place i went to was one very small secret offsite spot i went to in the middle of the desert far away from the main city i heard lee burridge play while a dust storm hit. it was one of the most intense experiences ive had.

ive reads things have changed since i went (02). i played for my camp twice, but we hosted all sorts of house. there were a few techno parties, but mostly trance to be found in the realm of electronic music.

you are dead right about it still being an awesome party experience. i wish regular parties could have more of the bm aesthetics.
tell me what its all about.. Is it expensive and when you come back, how can you sum up this festival because it seems you may actually come back a culturally "richer" man, so to say.
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

aut.t.n wrote:a bar in between titty twister and mos eisley cantina.... only the finest food and drinks are being served... always enough space to dine and feel cosy. nobody cares who's playing but the tables will never stop turning. only the craziest tunes are being played over a superb, warm, cristal clear sound system... the music is being savoured like sweetest wine... no drugs are necessary in this place, cause each visit is like a far out trip by itself... everybody is welcome here, 24 hours, all day and all night, every day. the neverending party....
sign me up.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

red hot day in the middle of no where for

11 am start with Geddis
2.30 Dixon live set
3.30 Raresh
5.00 pier bucci
7.00 sascha funk
9.00 fairmont live set
10.00 damina lazarus
12.00 luciano
2.00 ricardo villalobos
5.00 simon baker
7.00 onur ozer
10.00 cassy
11.00 richie hawtin
1.00 jeff mills

last set villalobos will come back the party will go on till he wants to stop
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

stevësto wrote:also perfect party to me is one where no corporate entity (or anyone for that matter) profits.
:) Ever been to a teknival? like chzechfest?

There's this bridge near my town. The government built it a couple of years ago but it was never finished and they never bothered to pull it down. So there it sits.. a big fucking bridge, in the middle of nowhere. (I'll probably hire a generator and some boxes if I can find the money and have my birthday party there this summer :P ..if the cops don't find out )

That's where my perfect party would be. And the line-up... pfff... so many possibilities...

Lets see...

It would start off at about 9am. The early birds would be welcomed by Joris Voorn, but the calmer, more ambient Joris . He would keep spinning untill 12'o clock or something, tempting everyone with more danceable music. Then some house to get things started. Frankie Knuckles would be my preferred choice. He can spin for as long as he wants to.
From Chicago all the way to Detroit with Robert Hood, who would spin till about 6pm. Then luciano and ricardo (btw, are there any sets of these guys spinning b2b? :? ) would spin some music to accompany the stunning sunset (cuz its a bridge y'all :P) and get the evening started.
Richie can have the rest of the night together with luciano and ricardo, as long as he does a plastikman liveset.

And yes, magda would be there too, but not spinning, oh no.. :wink:

/fantasy.

Now that would be the perfect party