techno in the press

- open
patrick_o
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

techno in the press

Post by patrick_o »

What magazines do people read in regards to techno and electronic music? i've noticed, especially in the uk, a real lack of quality coverage in the written press.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

In France we have the choice between Tsugi and Trax.

Trax used to be a good magazine, but now boring IMO..

Always superstars on the cover, always talking about the hype thing before all (Okay, they have to sell...). Not a forward thinking magazine. It just learns me things I already know.

And the boring interviews of always the same superstars of the moment are not for me.

Good magazines for neophytes by the way...
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

trax france went under

tsugi replaced it, it's the same people...
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I have never been a fan of these magazines. They are usually about 10 euro or more and content-wise they cover all genres of electronic music, so more that half is usually irrelevant to me. Sometimes I buy one when there is an interesting article I want to read or when traveling, but all-in-all I think the internet is the best medium.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

"trax france went under

tsugi replaced it, it's the same people..."

Yep, I know it.

Tsugi = trax journalists

TRAX = other journalists

but both magazines deal with the same things. Nonsense, but, nevermind, not for me anymore...
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

i hate linking to posts in other forums, but its too much work for me to read through the thread and copy the suggestions. i started this same thread before and can read through:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/show ... rumid=1&s=

p.s. mnm.nl is so much better than tranceaddict in so many ways. look at how childish it is over there. i have to say mnml.nl is the best forum ive ever been on in my entire internet life dating back to the early 90's (before ubb). i dont tell anyone about this place for fear of the idiot masses coming over here and ruining this place by making it childish.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

groove is not bad and it's free... 8)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

stevësto wrote:i hate linking to posts in other forums, but its too much work for me to read through the thread and copy the suggestions. i started this same thread before and can read through:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/show ... rumid=1&s=

p.s. mnm.nl is so much better than tranceaddict in so many ways. look at how childish it is over there. i have to say mnml.nl is the best forum ive ever been on in my entire internet life dating back to the early 90's (before ubb). i dont tell anyone about this place for fear of the idiot masses coming over here and ruining this place by making it childish.
That forum sucks. Lots of very narrow minded idiots. Now i understand why i only have 1 friend who listens to trance. Most of them are complete idiots with no knowledge of music outside of trance.
Last edited by tone-def on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.