[Toys For Boys records 011] Mark Broom - You an Me.EP

- wax
M torvec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Toys For Boys records 011] Mark Broom - You an Me.EP

Post by M torvec »

When Mark Broom released his first techno record, a man named George Bush was president of the USA and had recently gone to war in Iraq.
Now 15 years later, many things have changed. Erm...well, at least in techno many things have changed.
Mark has seen these changes over the years and always remained a stalwart of the techno scene.
He has released on such a long list of labels that it would take up half of this info sheet to name them all. But in recent years, you'll have found Mark on Bpitch Control, Shadowfax, and Platzhirsch to name just a handful of the places he has released music.There's not really much more to say about a man who has been in the techno scene for so long.
Now he comes to Toys for Boys for our eleventh release, the "You and Me EP".
For this one, Mark gives you two tracks of the finest techno, which are backed up by a remix from our own Sierra_Sam (Trapez/Surprise/ToysForBoys/Nomor).

A1 You and Me: After the classic vibe of "Taken", "You and Me" brings things back to now a little, with neat acid lines and dark bass creating a tight groove that will be hard for most club kids to escape.
The title track here is a simple but effective piece of dancefloor physics, and will have the floor hopping with a breakdown that shows that like a true Londoner Mark has still got a little 'ardkore left in him
(it's a little known fact that "'ardkore" is harder to remove than lead or metal, so doctors do not attempt the procedure, it is a real problem for ravers in Britain)

A2 You and Me (Sierra_Sam remix): After the success of his last TFB release, Sammy Goosens returns to Toys for Boys to rework "You and Me" on this EP.
Sierra_Sam turns up the bass even more than on Mark's original, but brings the track into a deeper more contemplative place. A quirky bassline ripples over an ominous beat, this track is perfect to shake up the club in the early hours of the night, or even the morning. The breakdown is twisted and becomes slightly deeper than Mark's original, completing Sam's fine job on this track.

B1 Taken: This deep techno track will remind you a little of Basic Channel, with its huge beats and rippling synths.
There is nothing minimal about this, it's just a deep melodic techno track that will get floors moving in the early hours. The drum programming takes you back to a time when every beat had this shuffling little hat pattern, and the bass will shake the club up.
This one is a shot in the arm for ailing dancefloors, and a perfect start to Mark Broom's first release on Toys for Boys.

And that's all the info on TFB011, where Mark Broom brings you the "You and Me EP". Check this one out and enjoy it, just remember to ask a grown up to help you when using the scissors. And keep an eye out for more Toys for Boys, even as we type this the machine is still working and the music is still being found. Until next time.....

listen tracks here: http://www.myspace.com/spacetoysforboys

release out: end of september
distribution by Neuton
MP3 on beatport and juno download
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

wow taken is amazing....Dubby groovin bliss! best mark broom track ive heard for a while!
M torvec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by M torvec »

you and me EP by Mark Broom, out now!!!

here s some feedbacks:

Yossi Amoyal (Sushitech):
"i love both original tracks, very very good work of mr. broom. full support!"

Tim Green TG (Four:Twenty Recordings):
"Love all tracks here. The original takes the lead slightly for me. Sierra Sam remix also really cool. Will play all of these as much as possible! Another winner from Toysforboys!"

Raresh (cocoon rec):
love it ! charted in groove magazine

dj fra (nitsa-club):
"very solid release by Mark Broom"

Jaumetic (Regular):
"you and me original is great, really into old school minimal groove, yeah, i liket it!"

philip sherburne:
"You and Me: What a bizarre and totally charming track, a further reminder that Broom has never taken the easy (eg, trendy) route in electronic music. (Which is not at all to imply that the track is "difficult" or wouldn't work in a club. It's a total body mover, it just happens to have a wonderfully light sense of humor.) The world needs more tracks like this. Sierra Sam Remix: I dig, but it doesn't touch the original. Still, I'd reach for this when I needed something light & spacious for a mix. Taken: Great stuff again, like Melchior meets Basic Channel? Simple, straightforward, and versatile."

Josh Wink (Ovum):
"Like both the You and Me and the Taken track. Yes, the taken track sounds a bit like basic channel and G-man put together. You and me is raw and basic, which I like! Mark is always diverse! Thank god! Thanks- W"

Djuma Soundsystem (get physical):
love the remix , played and charted

dan ghenacia (freak n' chic):
"love this ep, will play it a lot."

laurent garnier (F-Com):
"Loooove the whole thing Mark is as funky as ever "

Dj Nori (posivision):
"you and me (sierra sam rmx) is deep drawer elektronik good remix!! i was played this tracks clu & basement car park. i have good response to audience. thanks!"

Nick DK (Be As One Imprint):
""Taken" is the one for me, amazing dubby and groovy techno to keep the dancefloor bouncing. And the people loves it!"

sebo k (mobilee):
"nice, love and play both sides thanks."

Andrew Grant (DC 10):
"great job mark!!"

Esther Roozendaal (Estroe):
"I love the old school feel of this track. Greetings, Esther"

Sven Hartmüller (Polysense GmbH):
"Mark Broom – You and Me EP {Toys for Boys} Das elfte Release von Toys for Boys ist da und wir können uns auf ein richtiges Sahnestück freuen! Mark Broom und seine You und Me EP durfte die Nummer Elf sein. Seine EP bringt uns insgesamt drei ausdrucksstarke Titel, einmal You and Me Original und einen Remix von Sierra Sam, auf der B-Seite präsentiert uns Mark den Titel „Taken“. Alle Titel sind eine richtig gute, saubere und solide Techno Produktion, die mit Sicherheit jeden Floor rockt! Eindeutig ein gute Release auf Toys for Boys und Mark Broom. Für mich auf jeden Fall empfehlenswert. {PG} "

Dave Congreve (Repeat Repeat):
like the sierra_sam remix

Mixmag:
"Mark Broom is on fire! This is another great release from the UK techno legend!!"

Jeremy P Caulfield (dumb-unit):
got it in my charts

IDJ MAGAZINE (UK):
Top Tune of the month Toys For Boys (Belgium) tfb011: Approaching techno veteran status after 15 years in the game, Mark Broom shows he’s still got the goods here with two tracks of quasi-retro excellence. The title track mingles the pioneering minimal beats of his Ifach era with unashamedly ravey cadences, but the real action is on ‘Taken’, a properly rocking dub-techno homage that owes a hefty nod to the likes of Basic Channel and former LFO dude Gez Varley. Magnificent stuff.

watch out next TFB release by JONA incl Dan Curtin remix
DROID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by DROID »

taken = deep sexy driving fun. maurizio vibe with new school zappings. count me in.

btw the spacetoys myspace profile is quite neat.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

ESSENTIAL as the mr pete tong might say
static renaldo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by static renaldo »

Count me in as well. This man has been on the move for sometime now - Lots of great music this year
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

sounds fuckin proper. :)
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

Totally into this one. Nice one guys