~ LUSINE : decibel festival : seattle us : 20.09.07 ~

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

modelfruit
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

~ LUSINE : decibel festival : seattle us : 20.09.07 ~

Post by modelfruit »

Lusine is the brainchild of Jeff McIlwain for his visceral, melodic vision of abstract electronic music. Having attended Cal Arts to study 20th century electronic music and sound design for music and film, he has since recorded for labels such as !K7/MAS, Hymen, Delikatessen and Isophlux. Since making the move to Ghostly in 2003, Lusine has released Push Remixes, and the Inside/Out EP, as well as the stunning and widely-lauded Serial Hodgepodge, a full-length from 2004. He is one of the foremost American producers in the abstract field and an artist with a boundless future in his craft.

In 2006 Jeff McIlwain did remixes for Alex Smoke (Soma), Alex Under (Apnea), and put out an EP titled Emerald (Ghostly), in honor of Seattle. He also co-wrote the score for the film Snow Angels with David Wingo, which was written and directed by David Gordon Green and will come out in 2007. Lusine has most recently been working on an ambient album titled Language Barrier for Hymen Records, a remix of Workhorse for My Brightest Diamond, and he just finished a remix CD album Podgelism out on Ghostly in March 2007, featuring reworks by John Tejada, Apparat and Robag Wrhume amongst others.

Previous appearance highlights include opening for Ricardo Villalobos at Fabric, performing at CMJ, SXSW, Decibel Festival, Popkomm Festival, the Finlandia Vodka tour with Matthew Dear and James Cotton, and playing at LA's Getty Center amongst all major cities.

lusine

enjoy!

47.19 min | 192 kbps | 65 mb

* clickety click *
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Really looking forward to this!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

OH MY GOD I haven't seen anything from Lusine since that last brilliant set of his over a year ago... THANK YOU! :shock:
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

yeah, really great share. thx ysp
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by echelon »

Awesome - thanks for posting this!
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

oh boy, oh boy , oh boy...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

Lusine is great musician. Thanks for the link!
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by echelon »

I cant stop listening to this - it's absolutely superb!

Does anyone have any more Lusine links? The only other set I have is the old Percussion Lab one...