Label: Len Series
Catalog#: Figure 07-6
Format: Vinyl, 12"
Released: Oct 2007
Genre: Electronic
Style: Techno, Minimal

Tracklisting:

A My Black Sheep (Radio Slave Mix)
B1 My Black Sheep (L.B. Dub Corps' Dub Mix)
B2 My Blackappella

After a fifteen-month-break the figure label resumes its activities. having released a couple of eps by label owner len faki, the artist roster will now be extended. for the remix ep of the successfull "my black sheep", figure has signed up brillant musicans with a similarly deep and far reaching musical blackground: matt edwards aka radio slave aka rekid and faki’s fellow berghain resident luke slater. the original track roots contemporary sophisticated techno into his musical experience which reaches back to the nineties. the beats are delivered with understatement, the basslines spread out over the dancefloor like a flood. edwards immerses into the dark and demanding sounds of the original and develops an irresistably cool house groove. sounds are delivered in an immediate und surprising fashion that reminds of chicago house in its most exciting moments. this remix slips self-evidently into any techno or house set you can imagine. in his “l.b. dub corp” mix, luke slater comes up with surprisingly loose house groove: the beats are laid back and funky at the same time, while the highly concentrated basslines hypnotise the crowd. it is beyond comprehension how effortlessly slater manages to maintain the tracks tension. figure 007: a record with two remixes that soak the energy of faki’s music and meld it lovingly into something new.

Samples: here

Radio Slave remix for the fking win! :shock:
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

neither touches original!!!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

That radio slave remix is so fucking GREAT !!
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Dope relase - banging and groovin at the same time, sexy and dark. Nice work Len and co!!
r.i.

let the music talk
ibbjamin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ibbjamin »

Rochey wrote:neither touches original!!!
Touché