Ableton Live 7 announced

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

if ur richie hawtin, u can let them customize it for u :wink: :lol:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

I agree with Kent - maybe it wouldn't be that hard to make ableton a dual screen compatible software, but I kinda got the feeling when I first bought it that the whole one screen clever hiding/overlapping of windows was part of its appeal, after all what it has over other programs is that you can play LIVE with it using a laptop.

I'm not saying they shouldn't include dual screen, it just seems they have other priorities right now.
mood
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mood »

this will be my next audio-purchase.. :)

finally they add lots of features that in the previous editions made the difference between others daw.. for ex. the slicing tools looks awesome! :)
the sidechaining system too...

coupled with logic 8, it bring the most complete studio equipment for an electronic musician, i think.

big up for ableton!

8)
Drake44444
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Drake44444 »

Yeah I am hearing so many good things about logic...

But yeah I think people are just being hard on Ableton, because, well its so good so expectations are so high
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I think ableton should stick to what they do best and quit bothering with making more synths. I havn't come across an ableton synth yet that i liked. There are vsts out there that seem to sound much better than the ableton ones. If they want to improve something they should make it's sound and cpu usage the top concern. It's a great live tool but i don't think i'm going to get much use out of their synths based upon what i'v seen so far. They are adding bells and whistles in a place where they don't need it. I will take sonar any day over ableton as a multi tracker just because it handles so many more effects and the system for bouncing tracks is so much better not to mention the sound. Ableton is still the best loop player on the market by far though.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

operator kicks ass.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nubianmindz »

I think I'm the only man in the world who just doesn't get Ableton Live.

:? :x
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

What is it you don't get? The session vs arrangement view?