[MINUS050] Marc Houle - Techno Vocals

- wax
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
The_Glass_Olive wrote:
JanLuis wrote:Boring as hell!!!! i really dont understand this m-nus hype.Also performances from its artists are totally craps.
Not true - Gaiser live PA is sick and Heartthrob is my favourite live artist.

It's true the releases are off, but I'll stand by 'on it' as interesting although i wouldnt probably play it. Don't just hate for the sake though - think about what minus has done in the past - there is a reason why all their artists have so much hype and everyone wants their unreleased stuff: they were and can produce TOP quality techno.

I think Gaisers new album will straighten the record here- i have come to think of his productions as perhaps the best stuff released on the label in recent years, along with JPLS for the fututre.
Personally, I think Gaiser is kind of a one-trick pony...but I do believe some of the Minus artists such as Heartthrob, Locodice, and Mathew Jonson tend to take minimal music to a level where other artists are too lazy to take it too. Gaiser's first minus was amazing, the rest so far as been the same idea...sparse sounds with reverb and a Mictronic VSTi workout. Keep opening up the noise decay on that snare john.
Ok you make a point about gaiser but he is still young musically and is developing his sound. I think its good he has carved himslef a sound even if he sticks to it a little too much... the potential for development is great and live he is impressive recently. All hail Mr. Microtonic! :lol:
Dexter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dexter »

not a lot to comment guys. this release SOUNDS LIKE is from a newcomer "fruity loops" producer or a crap digital only label.all the hype is on the name: M-Nus...Richie's label...we are all lobotomized from those Mass Medias...fck them...start thinking with your own minds
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

simple point- every time i've played these tracks over the summer, they've killed it. always. i have no doubt that a good part of the 97% of the techno world that isn't on this board will like it.

these threads have all become the same for minus releases-- 5 pages of OMG :shock:$!%!! then 5 more pages of bitching. you seem to expect the greatest record ever with each release, but you're all missing the steady progression minus is indeed making. you'd think that after the 100s of requests for these tracks elsewhere on the forum people would see how big a lot of them really are.

but maybe bitching is a lot more fun.

and marc can totally fax glitter.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

brianc wrote:simple point- every time i've played these tracks over the summer, they've killed it. always. i have no doubt that a good part of the 97% of the techno world that isn't on this board will like it.

these threads have all become the same for minus releases-- 5 pages of OMG :shock:$!%!! then 5 more pages of bitching. you seem to expect the greatest record ever with each release, but you're all missing the steady progression minus is indeed making. you'd think that after the 100s of requests for these tracks elsewhere on the forum people would see how big a lot of them really are.

but maybe bitching is a lot more fun.

thats it ... 8)
AXS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AXS »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
Keep opening up the noise decay on that snare john.
lollllll
RyanBrogan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RyanBrogan »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote: Techno music is supposed to be fun, don't forget that.
:?
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Why are the vocals pitched down so low low....

haha..loving both of the tracks. Techno Vocals kinda remind you that you dont have to take yourself so seriously all the time...a note for all the "mnml" purists.
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

brianc wrote:
not with that attitude.
http://www.myspace.com/iamambivalent

The Nerd Tank Radio Show
with Kevin & Camea

Podcast Available Here