[MINUS050] Marc Houle - Techno Vocals

- wax
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

Tromczynski wrote:Hehe, the trends are now to dislike m_nus!

pffff :P you got me !
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Coog wrote:Wether everyone likes it or not this labels grabs almost all the attention either way so they must be doing something right. Over 4000 views people?!
totaly agree, and thats why i love Richie, hes a very smart guy, people could learn alot from him.

i dont like this release but i support them fully, because what they are doing is marvelous and they are very good in it.
JanLuis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JanLuis »

Boring as hell!!!! i really dont understand this m-nus hype.Also performances from its artists are totally craps.
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Troy Pierce and Heartthob are briljant. But it depends on what you like :wink: :P
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I'm a huge fan of many of Houle's productions (see: "Has To Do", "Kill The Pain", "Bay of Figs", "Pepper"... or the Run Stop Restore stuff, "Arrows" in particular) ...but the title track on this EP is borderline cheezy. Actually not borderline. It is flat out cheezy. I'd never play it out without feeling weird. It feels really commercial and not underground or current at all. Just the way the vocal sample is kills it.

I'm surprised he took this angle instead of his traditional analog/video game sound which I think really works for him.

I try to veer away from negative reviews but I'm such a huge Houle fan I was expecting more.

=(
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Marc Houle is a funny guy and doesn't carry the serious elitist attitude. I can totally see this being his style. Techno music is supposed to be fun, don't forget that.
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

JanLuis wrote:Boring as hell!!!! i really dont understand this m-nus hype.Also performances from its artists are totally craps.
Not true - Gaiser live PA is sick and Heartthrob is my favourite live artist.

It's true the releases are off, but I'll stand by 'on it' as interesting although i wouldnt probably play it. Don't just hate for the sake though - think about what minus has done in the past - there is a reason why all their artists have so much hype and everyone wants their unreleased stuff: they were and can produce TOP quality techno.

I think Gaisers new album will straighten the record here- i have come to think of his productions as perhaps the best stuff released on the label in recent years, along with JPLS for the fututre.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

The_Glass_Olive wrote:
JanLuis wrote:Boring as hell!!!! i really dont understand this m-nus hype.Also performances from its artists are totally craps.
Not true - Gaiser live PA is sick and Heartthrob is my favourite live artist.

It's true the releases are off, but I'll stand by 'on it' as interesting although i wouldnt probably play it. Don't just hate for the sake though - think about what minus has done in the past - there is a reason why all their artists have so much hype and everyone wants their unreleased stuff: they were and can produce TOP quality techno.

I think Gaisers new album will straighten the record here- i have come to think of his productions as perhaps the best stuff released on the label in recent years, along with JPLS for the fututre.
Personally, I think Gaiser is kind of a one-trick pony...but I do believe some of the Minus artists such as Heartthrob, Locodice, and Mathew Jonson tend to take minimal music to a level where other artists are too lazy to take it too. Gaiser's first minus was amazing, the rest so far as been the same idea...sparse sounds with reverb and a Mictronic VSTi workout. Keep opening up the noise decay on that snare john.