words from denny tenaglia about piracy

- ask away
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

get a fucking grip tenaglia, you're about 10 years fucking past in anyway, the reason you have a no recordings policy is because your mixing is fucking abysmal
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I don't think some of you guys are getting the point here. It's not about recording of the dj mix and sending it to others. It's about the tracks inside.

If this was a high quality recording and it had loads of unreleased material, people are so shady that they will cut out the new tracks with an audio editor, loop them, and use them in their own sets!! It's so easy nowadays with digital formats.

It comes directly out of the pockets of the artists and labels. It subverts the whole reason of establishing a label to regulate the release of music in the manner they see fit. It allows people to possess tracks that are intended for only a few lucky djs to share due to their relationships with producers.

I think, this is the main reason for his outrage. And probably the voice of more than a few others that have not spoken up.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

SpacyX wrote:Recording a dj set ... uhm why not ?
It's all just records in the end !

Don't really understand why he's upset though.
say, ur a well known dj like him and play unreleased music in almost every set, well, people know to record to get a hold of those tracks, edit them and use later on. simple as that.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nubianmindz »

jessejames wrote:I don't think some of you guys are getting the point here. It's not about recording of the dj mix and sending it to others. It's about the tracks inside.

If this was a high quality recording and it had loads of unreleased material, people are so shady that they will cut out the new tracks with an audio editor, loop them, and use them in their own sets!! It's so easy nowadays with digital formats.

It comes directly out of the pockets of the artists and labels. It subverts the whole reason of establishing a label to regulate the release of music in the manner they see fit. It allows people to possess tracks that are intended for only a few lucky djs to share due to their relationships with producers.

I think, this is the main reason for his outrage. And probably the voice of more than a few others that have not spoken up.
you've hit the nail on the head
afristralian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by afristralian »

The_Glass_Olive wrote:
blah blah... do you know who i am... blah...
Yeah, he must have forgotten ...

But seriously ... its about respect.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

if it's in the contract, sue their asses off.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

It could have been the buss-boy or club tech that stuck his MD recorder somewhere.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I think the big letter is a bit over the top . He should have just sued the club. The venue is responsible for carrying out his no record policy and should be held accountable for it.