[Desolat 001] Dubfire - Ribcage

- wax
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

s.k. wrote:i cant freakin believe my ears. total crap. prime example of bandwagon jumping. slick production - yes, but thats all. totally unoriginal and boring as hell. even the info is hilarious - a track inspired by a loco dice set? mesmerising techno masterpiece??? played by Digweed and Sasha??????

DUUUHHH...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

harold_f wrote:What a way to premier a label. Buttrich and dice with a misfire on this one.
maybe they are aiming a different target audiance.
not the quality one, the trend one, the one in which there is more money.

dont get me wrong, i dont wanna say that thats a bad thing to do, by all means its even understandable. But i still believe that they will make some quality tunes (loco and martin) which won't be aimed at the cash market.
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

s.k. wrote:i cant freakin believe my ears. total crap. prime example of bandwagon jumping. slick production - yes, but thats all. totally unoriginal and boring as hell. even the info is hilarious - a track inspired by a loco dice set? mesmerising techno masterpiece??? played by Digweed and Sasha??????

DUUUHHH...
Why is this bandwagon jumping? What is wrong with the info on the track? Sounds less pretentious than most PR "wannabe-Beatport" release...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

s.k. wrote:i cant freakin believe my ears. total crap. prime example of bandwagon jumping. slick production - yes, but thats all. totally unoriginal and boring as hell.
My guess is that if it was another name, then you wouldn't write this.
s.k. wrote: even the info is hilarious - a track inspired by a loco dice set? mesmerising techno masterpiece??? played by Digweed and Sasha??????
What's wrong with this?

I think the track is cool, nothing new, but hey, who invents new stuff these days? :wink:
Okain
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Okain »

patrick bateman wrote: What's wrong with this?

I think the track is cool, nothing new, but hey, who invents new stuff these days? :wink:
I like the fact that there are two very different parts in the records. I found it quite original for "these days".
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

from listening to the samples i would describe it as good solid dance music. nothin exactly 'out there' but solid stuff.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

betzy wrote:yes, nice, especially at the mid-end
i meant "cage", not "rib", "ribcage" is just the long edit.
cage is from mid to the end, last 6 minutes.
D-vinyl
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [Desolat 001] Dubfire - Ribcage

Post by D-vinyl »

Celltek wrote:
First release on Desolat, the new label of Martin Buttrich and Loco Dice, comes from Dubfire (aka Ali Shirazinia) - one half of the electronic music duo Deep Dish. The legend says that Dubfire created RibCage after he heard one Loco Dice DJ set at DC 10. Desolat is now proud to release this mesmerizing techno masterpiece. Playlist/top 5 of John Digweed, Sasha, Tiefschwarz, Tobi Neumann, Hernan Cattaneo, Adam Beyer, ... No 1 Groove Charts
Dubfire - Ribcage
Label: Desolat
Catalog#: Desolat 001
Format: Vinyl, 12"
Released: 10 Sep 2007

Samples HERE

when is it being realesed on this label. cos its been realeased on sci + tec which is dubfires new digital only label