[Fabric 36] Ricardo Villalobos

- wax
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

pheek wrote:
mo's taverne wrote:
exploiting of a genre is what we see most of the time if we look at those "bombs" and "killers". Boring and copying the copy of the copy all way down.
Yeah and people need to wake up and support stuff that is different, that doesnt sound like "i-want-to-make-another-hit-that-last-one-week" kinda track.
The time has come now when you can really be creative and do anything you like.. Like play a dirty groovy perlon from 2001 and using a redsound to cut it and re-mix it on the spot, while playing a swahili lullaby from your childhood days. Its all possible now so I see no reason why anyone should be copying another DJ.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Celltek wrote: The time has come now when you can really be creative and do anything you like.. Like play a dirty groovy perlon from 2001 and using a redsound to cut it and re-mix it on the spot, while playing a swahili lullaby from your childhood days. Its all possible now so I see no reason why anyone should be copying another DJ.
:?
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

pheek wrote:
Celltek wrote: The time has come now when you can really be creative and do anything you like.. Like play a dirty groovy perlon from 2001 and using a redsound to cut it and re-mix it on the spot, while playing a swahili lullaby from your childhood days. Its all possible now so I see no reason why anyone should be copying another DJ.
:?
I'll simplify for Pheek.

I agree that you should play something different and there are people here who do not look for "Bombs", finding an ultra-rare record that nobody knows is way cooler in my oppinion.
Comprende? :D
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

Red Kite wrote:Yeah, and how are you gonna mix and drive a car at the same time? :?
I bet jeff Mills can do that :lol:
Sohrab aka Komsomol
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

fader wrote:we are all waiting to hear your first mix-cd
you won't listen to my mix-cd, will you? and why won't you? because I'm not Villalobos. Or because you can mix yourself.
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
mariavera
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mariavera »

Fonque wrote:
fader wrote:we are all waiting to hear your first mix-cd
you won't listen to my mix-cd, will you? and why won't you? because I'm not Villalobos. Or because you can mix yourself.
I will listen to your mix-cd! :D
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

"And it's really stressful to do a DJ mix. So I figured it would be much easier to do a mix with my own music..."

Easy is best, huh?

I dunno, you all make valid points but I'm still not convinced.

Each to his own!
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

prenzlauer wrote:
Fonque wrote:
whatever wrote:
Fonque wrote:isn't it the true purpose of listening to mixes that you're getting new records to buy?
very rarely, maybe when i feel to lazy to browse discogs and a online recordstore for sample that i find on my own.the true purpose of mixes is listening to them at the office or in the car or whatever ....
well, I know how to mix records myself, so why should I keep on listening to other people doing that?
That would be true... if you think you're the best dj there is, and you aren't interested in hearing anyone else. So you don't go out and hear dj's either?
I do, but because I want to have a good time and because I want to hear records that are new to my ears. But not to hear who's DJ ing better than who.

I listen to Mixes because of the tracks, not because of the mixing.
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft