[DE] Melt Festival 15/07-17/07 [+pics]

any
MNZ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[DE] Melt Festival 15/07-17/07 [+pics]

Post by MNZ »

15, 16 and 17 July is the time of the Melt festival in Germany. Check out www.Meltfestival.de for it's location and picture's. The line-up untill now:

Steve Bug
Acid Maria
Ellen Allien
Underworld
Gus Gus
Andre Galluzzi
Wighnomy Brothers
Tiefschwarz
Akufen
Michael Mayer
Dominik Eulberg
Justus Köhncke
Krause Duo Nr. 2
Wir Sind Helden
Tocotronic
Bloc Party
13 & God (The Notwist vs. Themselves)
Mouse On Mars
Deichkind
Maximo Park
Andreas Dorau
Klee
Whitey
The Robocop Kraus
Metope & Ada
Darshan Jesrani (Metro Area)
Erobique
Sid Le Rock
Jake Fairley
Kissogram
Chloé
Jeremy P. Caulfield
Mathias Kaden
Le Hammond Inferno
Markus Kavka
Phoneheads
Saint Pauli
Anja Schneider
Artist Unknown

Pretty phat if you ask me! Also the location is pretty damn cool, industrial machinery of huge scale fill the landscape and are part of the dance area's. I think this will be a very, very nice festival. I think it could be compared to Nature One's freakyness combined with the chilled and sweet atmosphere of SonneMondSterne.. I will definately be on this festival!
- MNZ -
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i was there last year and i didnt like it actually.. many idiots actually :/ was a dissapointment
MNZ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MNZ »

Yeah?? :( Hmmm. 2 bad. U been to SMS or Nature One? If so, how would you compare those festivals to Melt? Try to be objective ;-)
- MNZ -
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

nope.. only been to swedish festivals.. but they were nicer anyway.. not good lineups but fun :)

going to SMS this year i think though
MNZ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MNZ »

Been to SMS last year. Was VERY nice. Very nice weather (no rain, 30 degrees, lot's of sun.), nice line-up, relaxed atmosphere. Really a recommendation.
- MNZ -
miniwax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miniwax »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i was there last year and i didnt like it actually.. many idiots actually :/ was a dissapointment
That's a same. I was there to. I really liked the mixture of people. Because it wasn't only electronic music also some bands combined with live acts and dj's.
It's a totally differant festival then SMS and it's hard to compaire. Think Melt is more alternative.
And idiots....? The drugs use is much lesser then festivals like SMS and Nature one.

I liked it and it's really worth going to. It's got a very industrial look.

Maybe I was that idiot you did not like :P
* Never Mind The Bollocks *
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I'm planning to go to this one as it's a few days after my birthday :)
HmZ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by HmZ »

I think it's a nice thing to also have bands on a festival. Nature One was really very very electronic in all it's forms. Techno, Minimal, House but also Hardcore, Hardstyle, Terror.. all that sh!t doesn't normally improve the general atmosphere of a festival. I think we can say without any prejudice that those styles atract alot of people that tend to use alot of drugs and get crazy and agressive from it. With SMS there's more room for bands who are somehow linked to electronic music (Lamb for instance). I think it can be very nice to have a few different things on a festival. I find it very refreshing to listen to entirely different sort's of music. Like classic music or jazz/blues, etc. I'd like to see a few nice bands when I'm on a festival. So when I leave the Minimal area I have something to listen to when I'm pissing :-) hehe.