i need an advice...

- ask away
bonzai
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

i need an advice...

Post by bonzai »

i kinda love electronic music in general and minimal especially...and i would like to start mixing my own stuff...so i need in advice...what cdplayers and mixer should I buy? thanks in advance..
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

You should maybe tell your budget and something, but as I don't know the budget the best bet would probably be these:

2x Pioneer CDJ-800 MK II

1x Allen&Heath Xone:32

I don't know too much about CDJing, though
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Kleig wrote:You should maybe tell your budget and something, but as I don't know the budget the best bet would probably be these:

2x Pioneer CDJ-800 MK II

1x Allen&Heath Xone:32

I don't know too much about CDJing, though
+1

the 800s are wicked, the xone is good too, although maybe you should consider getting a mixer with midi support in case if you want to switch later to ableton or serato (serato 1.8 will have midi support and lots of cool new features).
bonzai
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bonzai »

the budget doesn't really matter...i'm willing to spend as much as i have too for this...could i use also a laptop with cd-players on that mixer?

@kleig - i'd like to mix on turntables but i'm from romania...and you can't find vinyls here, so...it's better like this at the moment, considering the fact that i don't go out(in the West i mean) very often.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

bonzai wrote:the budget doesn't really matter...i'm willing to spend as much as i have too for this...could i use also a laptop with cd-players on that mixer?

@kleig - i'd like to mix on turntables but i'm from romania...and you can't find vinyls here, so...it's better like this at the moment, considering the fact that i don't go out(in the West i mean) very often.
yes serato, fs, traktor and torque have time code cds, so you will be able to use that.
and if money is no problem then Xone 3D.