mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

Red Kite wrote:Jeff Milligan. Period.

milligan is like andy c or dj craze
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

the one and only - garnier - pure magic and those skills incredible, milligan is sick, absolutely. of course ricardo - mostly with his after hour gigs or 1st may appearance in cdv and beyer, so powerful pure energy. there are so many but those ones hmmm..
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

w/e. who gives a sh!t.

anyways, I say, Ricardo, Luciano and Ryan Elliott. I'm also liking Magda a lot at the moment, she's mixing up different styles and sounds.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Big international dj's
Hawtin
Zip
Ricardo
Mike Shannon

these guys always rock london
Mark Henning
Cesar
Le Texier
Matt Tolfrey

Live acts
Mossa
dub Kult
Le K
Dilo
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

TiEZ wrote:
Red Kite wrote:Jeff Milligan. Period.

milligan is like andy c or dj craze
yes. they're very much alike: INSANE skills. always generous with their extra kind nuggets. cutting wit. fanatical when it comes to their tech rider. sponsored by serato. people love to hate on them cos they might appear to be slightly passed their prime. BUT i have yet to see a soul who can hold a candle to any one of those over-the-hill-haven't-dropped-a-track-in-3-years- sons-of-bitches. especially in berlin.

tho i definitely prefer jeff's taste in music.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Junction SM so we have dj & live at the same time...
:wink:
strange
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by strange »

yes, i agree with sonja & martin. saw them for six hours earlier this year and it was just insain! sonja just has such amazing and eclectic musical taste and martin with all his energy and weird sounds... can't beat it!

others who have been on fire lately for me are...

ellen allien - i have a few recent sets from her and she is def. playing some weird, deep and spacey minimal stuff lately. stuff thats different from what everyone else is playing...

butane - saw him at the old miami in detroit for a wicked afters with ryan elliott & troy pierce and he fucking killed it!!

seth troxler - just saw him a couple weeks ago at the old miami and he played by far the best set i've heard this year. was soooo deep and groovy and just amazing! he's another one with insainly eclectic musical taste!

efdemin - although i haven't heard him live, the few mixes a have from him are great. really deep and chilled and just nice.

frankie knuckles - heard him in chicago back in feb. and he was amazing!! the vibe he set in the room was just brillant! deep, sexy goodness from the master!

jay haze - this is another one who has been on fire lately. his set at harry kleine club with ana earlier this year was rediculous! the tracks that man played were just plan weird. and i loved them!!

dawnrock - i have most of his Ezoo radio shows from this year and my god they are brillant! i don't know where they dude gets his music but the tracks he plays.... i can't even think of anything to say that would even begin to discribe them that's how good they are!!

also steve bug and claude van stroke both killed it in detroit!!

as for live PA's i'd have to say digitaline (they were AWESOME is detroit), sonja & martin (again), kate simko (she just simplly killed it in detroit!), pier bucci was awesome in detroit to and matthew jonson's new live PA in detroit was insain as well... and saw robin judge twice in 2 weeks each time she played a different live PA and rocked it! in detroit is was her more chilled ambient/experimental dubby sound and a week later in chicago she played A LOT harder and groovier! love her!!
i know there are more that i'm forgetting...

there are so meny others but these are just a few i've seen so far this year.

i do have to say that i saw marco in chicago the weekend after demf in detroit and he was horrible!! one of the worst dj sets i've ever heard. he was just so boring. played the same sh!t everyone else is playing but the boring remix of it. i don't know why everyone is raving about him so much. imo he's not that good at all. i pretty much feel that way about the whole m_nus crew atm. saw richie (twice), magda & troy in detroit in may and they all were complete and udder sh!t. horrible horrible horrible. the m_nus party at the festival was one of the worst parties i've been to and the feeling was pretty general for most of the people i've talked to that were there. the party was just terrible. troy redeemed himself a little at the old miami the next morning but i saw richie again in chicago a couple weeks later and he was only ok. not as bad as in detroit but still not good.
don't know what's going on with them...