[SKULL007] Shackleton - Blood on my Hands (Villalobos)

- wax
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

got my hands on it yesterday, i'm a lucky guy :D
domnugogu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by domnugogu »

super super masterpiece ..
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

18 minutes is a long time. but for once i quite like a villalobos track. deep it is. was sceptic to the modulated drums thingie first but it changed to my liking. don't seem how it could be a dancefloortrack though...
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

every time i listen to this record i feel i'm getting older and older :lol:
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Only thing about this record that I'm not so happy with is that they didn't put it on just one side. 18/19min should be possible. Fitzheuer's b-side was 22min and it sounds about as good as this one. Since they put the last minute of side a again at the beginning of side b Skull Sisco obviously wants DJs to buy the record twice - cheap trick to my opinion. :?
if i'd like to mix it in the whole length i'd play the a-side, use some sort of fitting tool and mix the b-side, should be easily done, huh?
Any fitting tool ruind the flow of the track, and that sequenced drum makes sure you can't really use a live sampler (DJM-600 etc) as well.

Guess it is still worth buying twice, but it kinda leaves a nasty stain...
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

Red Kite wrote:Only thing about this record that I'm not so happy with is that they didn't put it on just one side. 18/19min should be possible. Fitzheuer's b-side was 22min and it sounds about as good as this one. Since they put the last minute of side a again at the beginning of side b Skull Sisco obviously wants DJs to buy the record twice - cheap trick to my opinion. :?
+1
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
MicrominiKev
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MicrominiKev »

Skull Disco released a 2CD comp with this, and all their other releases. Bought it at Phonica in London for 14 pounds. About the same price as buying two copies of the Villalobos remix, and I got the entire Skull Disco catalog with it.

Big thanks to Sven and Hector at Phonica for pointing me in that direction.
http://www.myspace.com/iamambivalent

The Nerd Tank Radio Show
with Kevin & Camea

Podcast Available Here
Mark Anthony
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mark Anthony »

This one of the darkest most hellish tracks I've ever heard. This one is going down in history as far as Villalobos' career is concerned. Mix 2 especially.