chord maps

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

chord maps

Post by plaster »

http://www.chordmaps.com/

Music is like a language. Take this paragraph, for instance. It's made up of sentences, which are made up of words, which are groups of letters. The letters are taken from the alphabet.

Music has an alphabet too, but we call it a scale. Each note is like a letter. We put notes from the scale together to make chords (words). Then we put the chords (words) together to make phrases (musical sentences.) Once you know how to make phrases sound good, you are well on your way to writing songs.

So chords are your vocabulary. You need to know chords. But knowing chords alone is not enough. That would be like speaking words and not being able to make sentences. You need to know how chords flow from one to another.
Last edited by plaster on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

thanks bro.

always can use the theory help.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

hehe, more rules to BREAK! :twisted:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

that would be interresting to hear! imagine if we went and broke the rules of the alphabet, funny :D

well actually, they developed esperanto and klingonian language, i guess it's could be done within chords too.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

lol
thanks plaster
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

Thanks for that man, I agree with you. Although those "lessons" are a little convoluted!
markojux
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markojux »

And I guess a Diminished Triad/Chord would be like a silent letter within that word?

always exceptions to the rule..

rules are there to be broken but if you dont roughly stick to the formula kaos unsues..

but i guess what im tryingh to say is pick up the mud thow it against the wall and see if it sticks....
gmschroeder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gmschroeder »

I am so morbidly curious about the pretentious s h i t e someone on here must make that it almost makes me pee my pants.

Seriously, I want to hear Plaster's apparently extensive work in japanese microtonal scales, containing only virtual synths he fabricated from oscillators up, using "his" kick and containing diminished sevenths.

I hear that shizz fills floors.