Berlin

- open
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

all this talk of berlin and parties when you are barely old enough to get in!
Thanks Barney. Hows things with you anyhow?
1.wanna hide the parties in berlin toooo????secret sundays r nothing but but secret for me...walk in shoreditch for 30min u find it.

2.u doubt there r afterparties in berlin?but i guess this doubt comes from the london scene...but we do nice house afterparties in kitchens with 40ppl jumping for 20hrs..but thats another story....
Secret Sunday partys never used to be like that when it first started up. I also dont doubt that there are afterpartys in Berlin, what i was saying was that if i could find any! Everywhere has afterpartys e.g back at peoples houses etc... but i was talking more about offical ones at bars/clubs etc.. Like tbar after fabric for example i was just wondering if berlin had anything like that.

Will be doing a bit of shopping with the lady aswell, whats berlin like for clothes shopping?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

::BLM:: wrote:
all this talk of berlin and parties when you are barely old enough to get in!

Will be doing a bit of shopping with the lady aswell, whats berlin like for clothes shopping?
top notch. but i've forgot all the stores i went to :S i think the ppl here should be able to help you. depends if you after more fancy or more street clothes?
TiEZ
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TiEZ »

shoppingguides like ein000
superfuture

whatever
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ilovedarkchocolate »

hotpace wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
I heard that bar 25 is hard to get into! any truth in this?
Hahaha! Not at all mate, not at all!! Its debauchery for EVERYONE on a huge scale!! Its Panorama Bar you have to be wary of regarding getting in! Especially if its just you and your lass!
I'm curious: why be wary of the Panorama Bar? Me and a friend were in Berlin last weekend and we went to the Panorama Bar and got in without any trouble (except that I wasn't allowed to take my camera inside with me ;)). Were we stupidly lucky?

I loved the Panorama Bar by the way. And I loved Berlin :) I'm like a record, stuck in a groove, I keep telling everyone I LOVE BERLIN! ;)

Btw, My shoptip: go to Mitte, there are loads of great shops there, and lots of cute little places where you can start the day off easy, with a nice little breakfast and some freshly squeezed OJ :)

Have fun!
underl_ne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

berlin

Post by underl_ne »

yo ben

i am good thanks, long time no see.

I think the shops and boutiques in those streets behind alexanderplatz are so cool. lots of money invested in abstract coolness, weird clothes and toys. Its a real pleasure to amble around and buy things to bring back.

they got something right over there and its very interesting and foreign to me but I am not sure I could handle the upheaval and language barrier of living there. Saying that, london is turning into a time bomb, lots of attitude and a dangerous feel in the air, just ends up turning us into hard shells :evil:

I get the same liberal, safe feeling while in holland so respect out to all the dutch people on this forum, you guys also got the right idea about society. Where else is good to escape to you think, spain, south of france?
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: berlin

Post by ilovedarkchocolate »

underl_ne wrote: I think the shops and boutiques in those streets behind alexanderplatz are so cool. lots of money invested in abstract coolness, weird clothes and toys. Its a real pleasure to amble around and buy things to bring back.

they got something right over there and its very interesting and foreign to me but I am not sure I could handle the upheaval and language barrier of living there. Saying that, london is turning into a time bomb, lots of attitude and a dangerous feel in the air, just ends up turning us into hard shells :evil:

I get the same liberal, safe feeling while in holland so respect out to all the dutch people on this forum, you guys also got the right idea about society. Where else is good to escape to you think, spain, south of france?
That place behind Alexanderplatz might just be Mitte, the region where I stayed in Berlin, that I loved so much (where is "behind" on a map? I'm not sure).

And about escaping, I'm not sure if France is so friendly if you don't speak French. An American friend in art school had some bad experiences that way. I don't know about Spain, they might be more foreignerfriendly over there.

But you'll always be welcome over here! We mostly like our foreigners and we never expect them to speak Dutch ;)
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

I think you can get quite far with English in Berlin. Most people, also in shops etc. speak at least enough English that you can get along with what you want. I know people not really speaking German living here happily for years, but sure, you miss a little something when you have some Germans fooling around with you :wink:

And besides, may the club scene have some flaws you only realise when you stay here for a while, Berlin is surely a great place to live, lots of cool shops and places, and even a big forest inside the city, and very cheap as well. Maybe the cheapest capital in Europe except for eastern Europe (and they catch up fast)
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: berlin

Post by ::BLM:: »

underl_ne wrote:yo ben

i am good thanks, long time no see.

I think the shops and boutiques in those streets behind alexanderplatz are so cool. lots of money invested in abstract coolness, weird clothes and toys. Its a real pleasure to amble around and buy things to bring back.

The south of france is lovely. Also gotta say that i found barcelona a wonderful place. The city is amazing and i found the people to be so friendly. I always find if you make some effort to speak the native language most people are nice to you.