mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

sh!t hot!!
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

I just think JPLS is a much more versatile producer than this LP shows, cause it collects only the twilite tracks which are all very close to each other and - from my point - also close to the obvious.

I know of course that these tracks sound different to Marc Houle, but I know also that JPLS does music that sounds a lot more different to Marc Houle, and that's what let to my slightly disappointed first impression.

Well, let's see how it sounds on vinyl. I'm definately gonna buy it anyway! It's good in any way to have his music out, cause he's just one of the most amazing producers around.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Red Kite wrote:I just think JPLS is a much more versatile producer than this LP shows, cause it collects only the twilite tracks which are all very close to each other and - from my point - also close to the obvious.
You're right, he's a very versatile producer.

What makes this album unique compared to a lot of things, though, is that it's all centered around his Twilite concept, and I think that really pushes the artistic value of this release. It may have some similarities to some of Marc Houle's stuff, but there's no denying that there's a common (and uniquely JPLS) thread throughout all of these tracks. Future albums will have different sounds and concepts (and some really interesting ones at that).
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

You people should all go read the interview - He likes concepts!
And to me JPLS is one of the most unique sounding artists there is.
Go see his livesets if you're not convinced, best sh!t I've ever heard.
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

concept
undergrnd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by undergrnd »

a very hot, very strong release... unique in his sounds and his concept..
all tracks rock !!
kenny dies all the time
www.myspace.com/undergrnd
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Lovin this stuff here.. ahh love it, nice and stripped down.. This is the side of minus i like.. oh wait a second, its not cool to like minus these days or something.. oh well too late, I already said i loved it.. 8) jokes aside.. great stuff JPLS
wtf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wtf »

I'm into some of these tracks, but after listening to all the gushing on this forum about this release, I have to say that I was expecting way more (like 1000% more or something). I like one of the skoozbot remixes and the tracks are good - I've heard some of them on big systems and I don't hate minus at all. Fantastic label.
I guess this forum confuses me sometimes.