new jay haze video- phat and chunky beeeyotches

- open
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

stevësto wrote:I have always been interested in bridging the gap between house/techno and hip hop. Occasionally there will be a track that attempts to do it and sometimes does it well. I wonder why this type of thing is not done more often.
The nice thing about techno and such was that you didnt need a front man to sell an image for the music. It seems that with hiphop, the mc is the entire point much of the time. I could understand why the 2 worlds do not meet much.
freeeeeee
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

that absence of words and vocals is what I love about electronic music

some twat on a mic biggin up himself and his crew and whatever is so boring, hip hop was fun in the 80's hip-pop now a days is trite

music without words, lets you think for yourself
8)
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Well I don't like it. The rapping sucks and the vid is as ridiculous as most other stupid hip hop clips from the past several years. The production sounds quite ok (except for the cheesy strings). Maybe it works on a good sound system. But that's about that.

Maybe someone should post the vocals here so that all the non-natives know what's actually to be kept real...
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

stevësto wrote:I have always been interested in bridging the gap between house/techno and hip hop. Occasionally there will be a track that attempts to do it and sometimes does it well. I wonder why this type of thing is not done more often.
Hmm, something like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_house

(it sucked by the way)
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jay haze »

thanks for all the comments,
its nice to see you guys are soo heated about this.
this is what i do aside from my minimal techno and house.
i enjoy it very much, and i definitely express myself in this music....
i totally understand that the people on this board might not like it,
but of course i do have a completely different audience for this music who do like it very much. i just thought i would share it with you :D
you can bet the people who follow the hip hop side of me have not much knowledge or understanding of my messed up house and techno.
anyway for me it is a way to stay fresh and stay happy,
for those who cant take it... you dont have to listen or like it.
btw, that tough looking dude in the video is me hehe :twisted:

ps. hip house did not suck! it has its gems just like any other genre!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

jay haze wrote:thanks for all the comments,
its nice to see you guys are soo heated about this.
this is what i do aside from my minimal techno and house.
i enjoy it very much, and i definitely express myself in this music....
i totally understand that the people on this board might not like it,
but of course i do have a completely different audience for this music who do like it very much. i just thought i would share it with you :D
you can bet the people who follow the hip hop side of me have not much knowledge or understanding of my messed up house and techno.
anyway for me it is a way to stay fresh and stay happy,
for those who cant take it... you dont have to listen or like it.
btw, that tough looking dude in the video is me hehe :twisted:

ps. hip house did not suck! it has its gems just like any other genre!
it's a nice video.. although i still think white men can't jump ;-)

it's good you don't get stuck in techno formats... it's liberating to do something completely different

personally, doing non-techno stuff generally helps me to make good techno
and vice versa... at the end of the day we just wanna make kickass music!
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Der geile Ami wrote:
The nice thing about techno and such was that you didnt need a front man to sell an image for the music. It seems that with hiphop, the mc is the entire point much of the time. I could understand why the 2 worlds do not meet much.
you shouldn't dismiss hip hop style lyrics because some hip hop artists are the way you describe. there's a lot of hip hop where the artist is the exact opposite and actually some even make fun of the materialism in their lyrics. this site explains it pretty good the difference between good and bad hip hop (under breaks section->progressive hop and east coast sections).

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

theres so much good hip hop that wasnt mentioned its not even funny, digable planets comes to mind.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

idealstandard wrote:
Hmm, something like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_house

(it sucked by the way)
the video I posted is the same bpm as most of the old hip house tracks, but yet it sounds completely different, because of the sounds used. but anyway, im looking for a faster bpm version of that. for example, sven vath at kristal club in bucharest over the summer played atleast 3 rapper style techno tracks in his set (of which im still trying to ID, i play a lot of non minimal music with my minimal).