attention fellow producers..... rampant piracy

- wax
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Apologies for such a lengthy delay in response, for we had a few major major parties over the past weeks to prepare for and recover from. Each lasted over 24hrs of marathon madness and combined drew a few thousand people over 2 parties. These may not be berghain numbers, but arena club hopes any of you that swung by had a good time.

Since reading comprehension is difficult for you when the content is minutely abstract, I will try to spell things out a bit more clearly.

Over the years I have provided technical support for a wide range of clubs and promoters, so I have a decent idea of what gets played by who and a bit of who gets what in terms of money. At this point I am exhausted by the typical dj set. It is quite rare that anyone sounds different than anyone else because they all play the same tracks. The local djs hungry for more gigs or bigger booking fees often resort to making a few tracks to add another marketing dimension to their name. If they make enough material, signed or not, they can also market a live act. We are all familiar with the sets and gigs, winners and losers.

Anymore, there is basically not much money to be made in recording. We are all familiar with record sales continuing to go down. Maybe some tracks get licensed for commercially released compilations, but these few in comparison.

Regardless whether people are downloading illegally or there is too much fluff out in the marketplace, artists are not getting paid to write music. It is logical to bitch and whine about it, but a bit more productive to do something positive about it. People like this music and want more and more of it. As they can access the music at home quite cheap and easily, how about giving them the option of something they cant get so easily, like live performances that simply must be experienced. You can download bootlegs of those, but we can agree its never the same as being there.

Accepting that downloading is not going away should be a sign for artists to upgrade their performances. If hte music market gets even more flooded, doing something at parties that really stands out as unique might be the best trick to battle downloading. If one already plays live, how about finding a way to play longer than an hour without boring the audience. If one djs, how about presenting the music in creative methods of more finite detail. Mix them up, do so something, because if you want to live from music, it might be hte only way.
theclockstrucktwelve wrote: I think this takes prize for "most non-sensical dribble leading to nothing in particular".

Der geile Ami wrote: As downloading probably is not going to go away, what I'd like to see is that it changes how artists approach performances.
this is absurd... people are going to play different because people download their music?? am I missing something? or are you spoon feeding us all more proof that you're a handicapped homeless hippy?

This is your chance to use the english as a second language copout. I suggest you use it.

How old are you? No, seriously, how old are you? If you were making older demo tracks it puts you in the range of at least 27 and obviously older if buying records before users of this forum were born, yet you have a difficult time communicating with a global board without commenting on others command of the english language or using. Let us not even get into the remarks insensitive to homosexuals. It paints the picture of someone still living with their parents, and anyone who was fucking around with tracker stuff would hopefully have moved out by now.

German is actually my second language as I spent the first 24 years of my life in America. I bet many of hte users of this forum have never stepped foot in english speaking soil and a few have possibly never even met a native english speaker. The music we listen to has no official language and we should consider ourselves lucky that a dutch website allows us to discuss such nonsense. My english is sh!t because I smoke too much pot to care about grammar on a message board full of international people and immersing myself in a foreign culture and language for hte past few years has started to later how I linguistically think. What is your excuse for being such an asshole?
freeeeeee
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

ill say it once
usually when i say something in-your-face offensive, its probably a joke. or at least on par with the conversation going on and what others are saying. maybe im being too lazy and not seperating my more serious discussion from the low-brow laughs. but whatever. language remarks for example - id have expected an equally ignorant response or a laugh from someone. dont take me so seriously in matters of these kind

oh, unless you directly insult me, then im prolly just hitting back (hopefully twice as hard)

anyways, i think we've all established now that the downloading thing isn't going away.. and that you can't reform the downloaders, so it isn't them that needs to change.. it's the music people that need to do something about it and change themselves or their methods. much more productive than petitioning for laws to be invented or enforced and chasing after phantom pirates that seem to divide and multiply when found.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
frisfris
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by frisfris »

http://technoaddicts.blogspot.com/

another one...INCREDIBLE!!
pls somebody do something...close it
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

frisfris wrote:http://technoaddicts.blogspot.com/

another one...INCREDIBLE!!
pls somebody do something...close it
it can't be stopped...
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

The ripping group RNS has announced they're stopping their activity.
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
Massi_DL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

look at here..

Post by Massi_DL »

Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

superb idea to promote them by linking them up...
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Closed on topic starter's request.