mnml newbie

[SPC40] Various - DEATH IS NOTHING TO FEAR Pt. 1

Post by Aarnio »

DEATH IS NOTHING TO FEAR 1

SPC-40 | 12"/digital | 20 February 2007

A1. Audion I Gave You Away
B1. Pär Grindvik Casio
B2. Bodycode Exciting Ride

Spectral Sound's first installment of the Death is Nothing to Fear series mixes the established with the new and embraces the international status the label's roster has earned after seven years of diverse, consistent output.

Side A is dedicated to Audion, whose 12-minute "I Gave You Away" is a blistering mix of sprightly bass kicks and bubbly keypad melodies. On the flip, newcomer Pär Grindvik (last seen on Adam Beyer's Drumcode label) steps up the pace with the addictive, playful "Casio", and Bodycode weighs in with "Exciting Ride", a cut characterized by the spooky keyboard lines and disembodied vocal samples that made his debut The Conservation of Electric Charge "among 2006's best techno releases" (Seattle Stranger).

Representing three very different centers of musical activity (Detroit, Sweden, and Portugal, respectively) in as many tracks, Death is Nothing to Fear proves that techno is still the most innovative and exciting dance music in the world.
ImageImageImageImage
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

Very nice record :)

Audion track sounds really good :!:
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

the grindvik track is the best of them, but i can't say that any of them really made an impression on me. but that's just me.

when is dear coming with some new dear/false/jabberjaw material? his releases under the audion alias are just sad compared to what he releases under his other aliases (imo).

/vermi who wants a new false/dear/jabberjaw release some time soon
Aarnio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Aarnio »

vermi wrote: /vermi who wants a new false/dear/jabberjaw release some time soon
2007 will be Matthew's year, i think he will be putting out atleast one release from each alias.

also look for Mouth to Mouth Remixes from: Konrad Black, 2 from Heartthrob, and Ryan Elliott in March
ImageImageImageImage
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

vermi wrote:the grindvik track is the best of them, but i can't say that any of them really made an impression on me. but that's just me.

when is dear coming with some new dear/false/jabberjaw material? his releases under the audion alias are just sad compared to what he releases under his other aliases (imo).

/vermi who wants a new false/dear/jabberjaw release some time soon
His work, for the most part, is great all around... I really like false and jabberjaw..

but ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? AUDION *SAD* IN COMPARRISON???

:shock:

imo, there were a couple weak cuts on the LP, but the majority of audion is absolutely f'n stellar. 50% of the audion cuts were instant classics, absolutely perfect techno and they will be played still for many many many years. there's so much watery bullshit that comes out these days, that there will only be a few records people actually remember/give a sh!t about in 5 or ten years time and the audion ones will be among them.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

totally agree with the above mentioned.
velocet
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by velocet »

samples??
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
His work, for the most part, is great all around... I really like false and jabberjaw..

but ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? AUDION *SAD* IN COMPARRISON???

:shock:
hehe, no. i obviously only got a different opinion than you :) but you are allowed to disagree, no problem. the taste differs from person to person.

imo, there were a couple weak cuts on the LP, but the majority of audion is absolutely f'n stellar. 50% of the audion cuts were instant classics, absolutely perfect techno and they will be played still for many many many years. there's so much watery bullshit that comes out these days, that there will only be a few records people actually remember/give a sht about in 5 or ten years time and the audion ones will be among them.

again, that's you. i dont say it's bad music, i just say that it's less good compared to what he releases as false/matthew dear and jabberjaw. those productions are imo much much better than the audion productions. of course his audion productions are much better than a lot of other crap that is put out every day, but it will always be like that. something is good, something is not.

anyways: on topic, for the guy who wanted samples, check here:

http://www.ax-records.net/shop/catalog/ ... id/1049811

you have to register first, might take some time before you get a password, at least did with me last night.