Nord Lead 3 vs Nord Modular G2

- ask away
digital19
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by digital19 »

Nord Lead 3... You mean the Nord Wave?

I think sampling would add a lot of creative possibilities...
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

modular
audiostatic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiostatic »

G2 all the way.....had one for sometime now :D........great online community at electro-music.com (lots of great patches) ;)

great midi patches for controlling the elektron drum machines. :shock: :lol:

info on sound synthesis and sound design with the G2 http://www.xs4all.nl/~rhordijk/G2Pages/

G2-Toolbox
http://modular.sebastianberweck.de

and of course the free demo that emulates the G2 system in software. from clavia site ;)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i wouldnt write off the 3 altogether though, i love modular synthesizers, and its true the learning curve isnt that steep, but i tend to get things done really fast with the 3.
my first non-analogue synth was a nord lead i bought in 1995 which i still use, and it's architecture shaped the way i work, which is still how i work today.
i make a lot of use of the velocity/keyboard and wheel morph functions, which i find very intuitive, especially the velocity morph. i don't link it to volume, and by creating complex mathematical velocity patterns, you can get
some really interesting stuff happening.
i find its a great workhorse for getting ideas up quickly.
if you're more experimental, the modular would be better, i think a lot depends on how you work.
i sometimes find that synths which have a slightly limited design can be advantageous in some areas, they make you dig deeper for sounds, nords are generally well thought out, they've got the basics right.
but if you want flexibility and expansion its got to be the modular.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

I decided for the 3 in the end.

I don't have enough time to spend to do the G2s modular possibilities justice.

Still i want to come up with my own sounds, and i think that the "limits" of the 3 help me stay focused and get some music done :lol:

thanks for all the inputs. still a lot of helpfull people on this board. if one asks the right questions :wink: