[Mosferry Prod 020] VA - Bits to Phono 2x12" & Cd

- wax
FrancoCinelli
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Mosferry Prod 020] VA - Bits to Phono 2x12" & Cd

Post by FrancoCinelli »

Finally, the evolution of technology has reached the so-called untouchable vinyl: final scratch plays tracks instantly downloaded via wireless in the clubs, the mixer triggers the Live PA and the DJ does not appear in the club any longer because he rocks it via streaming. In between, some astonishing simple "innovations" show up and vinyl gets special. „Painted black!“, I know, it is a very well known quoted opinion of what the future would look like. Online sales have turned into an important source for many small labels. Alas, it is dangerous if trend-setting protagonists of the scene mark vinyl as archaic or even call the work with vinyl "... the way of the dinosaurs!" Vinyl is not dead! Working with MP3s, Wavs and Aiffs is more likely an enrichment of one's vinyl collection. In 2005 the production of vinyl increased, as well as the amount of newly founded labels. „bits to phono“ is not about archaic preferences, but about honouring the material which makes a DJmovement possible in the first place. Netlabels are an important part of the future; they are commercial platforms for artists and new styles and can hardly compete with the feeling of a tight-filled vinyl suitcase with all its proudly earned holy slices and rarities. In comparison an MP3 can seem too easily „fast downloaded and fast deleted“. It leaves less impact in the minds. It is a fact now, that many great artists publish their experimental, courage-filled tracks through the internet, and there is no better place to showcase these lovely works than on "archaic" vinyl. The double vinyl “bits to phono“ presents 8 tracks of different netlabels, which influences without any doubt the development of electronic music now and in future. Additionally, there will be a mixed CD called „bits to phono mix“ released with exclusive bonus tracks by Dapayk, Butane, So Inagawa, Tanaka Hideyuki, Mossa und Apendics Shuffle. This CD is mixed and compiled by Marcel Knopf. Tracklisting (Mix CD) 1. dapayk - jaoderneinoder - unreleased 2. butane - mute solo - unreleased 3. tleilaxu - strange playground (someone else rmx) - unfoundsound 04 4. so inagawa - deep and perfect morning - unreleased 5. tanaka hideyuki - let me see - unreleased 6. mossa - minette - unreleased 7. franco cinelli- sense (lod rmx) - sinergy network 18 8. marcel knopf - horstsreturn - mo’s ferry prod. 06 9. lump - huyndai strikes back - textone 15 10. tanaka hideyuki - re_re_re_shake (agnes rmx) - mo’s ferry prod. 14 11. [a]pendics.shuffle - sometimes loyal - unreleased 12. ryan crosson - bowstring - archipel 13. joko13 - salami tactics - comatronic 10 14. stalker - introducing savya - 1 bitwonder 06 15. marcel knopf - klik im kopf - mo’s ferry prod. 10 16. lukas nystrand & audrey jupont - one day soon - ageema”

Clips and more Info:

http://www.mosferry.de/releases/mfp020.html

http://www.wordandsound.net/article/41431

Thanks for ALL !!! and Enjoy the Muzzeekkk :D
masone
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by masone »

great to see ryans - bow string from archipel on vinyl now...
but have to say that i dont like the rest :/
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

joko13 "salami tactics".. nice!
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

Franco, using some tabs inbetween would've made it more readable. :wink:
Anyway, a great new compilation on the Mos Ferry label with some well selected tracks!
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
Phreak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phreak »

I like them all , the one more minimal then techno.. but i dig it.
As always with Mo's ferry. :) gj
frog
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by frog »

great stuff man
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

very nice compilation!
aaron