[pfr71] Nam Nam EP by Trentemøller

- wax
Flopi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[pfr71] Nam Nam EP by Trentemøller

Post by Flopi »

.·.·.·.·...
Recently voted "hottest newcomer" in several international music magazines, the Danish producer Anders Trentemøller took a break from working on his almost completed debut album (to be released in September on Poker Flat) to finish a brand new slamming three track EP. After "Polar Shift" (pfr56) and "Sunstroke" (pfr61) these new and quite different tracks prove once more Trentemøller's outstanding ability to create atmospheric and significant songs in his own, unique handwriting: He adds layer upon layer of sound and instruments which fall into place perfectly, whilst seeming, at the same time, to be dangerously non-compatible. The fascination of his music lays within the contrast between large, vast echo chambers and sharp, direct in-your-face sound bites. The title track "Nam Nam" on the A1 proves that dance music can be much more than just a functional dancefloor tool. Building slowly, the track tells a story. A mere few, but well chosen, figures and instruments carry on the plot in perfect harmony. "Vamp Vinyl Edit" on A2 reveals a first glimpse of the upcoming Trentemøller album. This jazzy tune features a bombastically cool bass-lick,accompanied by a snappy brush and easygoing snaps, giving air to an ultra cool, relaxed mood. Finally "Killer Kat" on the flip side is a pure peak-time weapon with a funky, rolling bassline, sharp claps and hihats, topped off with some tricky gadgetry.
Yggdrasil
*... ... ...*
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

i can't believe that he stills make the same sound.. but in one way you can't blame him, hard to change when what you make is selling.

he's definately got the talent and skills as a producer, but i'd really like to hear something different from him, something in the direction chameleon on his first pfr release :)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Judging from his interviews, he sounds very cocky for being such a one-trick pony. But still, I enjoy his music even if its the same almost every time.
flesh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by flesh »

vermi wrote:i can't believe that he stills make the same sound.. but in one way you can't blame him, hard to change when what you make is selling.

he's definately got the talent and skills as a producer, but i'd really like to hear something different from him, something in the direction chameleon on his first pfr release :)

Yeah!! Polar Shift - very nice release!!!!
This release is the best release i've heard for ages, simply brilliant work!
iC3MaN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by iC3MaN »

to be honest i found Vamp interesting. love those riffs. remind me of some superdiscount stuff.
Minimise to Maximise