Format: Vinyl & Digital
Release Date: 12": August, 24th | digital: September, 9th
Distributed by Intergroove

Tracklisting & Samples

A. Gredingotte
B. Maki De Sade

Listen to snippets on Soundcloud

The Owls Are Not What They Seem EP

Time to clean the dust of your record players kids, there is a shiny new vinyl coming to town by non other than Cabanne, without doubt one of the most skilled house and techno artists of our time! Jean-Guillaume Cabanne owns a solid education as a Jazz musician and used to hold the guitar in various Paris underground funk bands.

He now has a solid 10 year experience as a DJ and live musician, touring around the world’s most reknown clubs and occasionally participating in improvised jams with Ark, Thomas Brinkmann, Daniel Bell, Audio Werner and most notoriously the Narod Niki live project initiated by Ricardo Villalobos. Cabanne also likes to engage in group activities, most noticeably with Ark as Copacabannark, with David Gluck as Ultrakurt or with John Thomas for his Blackstage project.

After countless releases on labels like Logistic, Perlon, Karat, 7th City, and his own Minibar and Telegraph, we are proud to present his latest work called ‚The owls are not what they seem‘.

As soon as the first track ‚Gredingotte‘ starts, you will instantly notice the typical Cabanne style. Ass shaking beats with funky percussions, melodic bits and pieces on top of mystic pads and deep subs. Sprincled with vocal samples surrounded by an array of hats and toms, the A side is a leet club track, ready to hit the unwashed raving masses! The second track ‚Maki De Sade‘ is deep, spaced out and super trippy. A warped melody wandering through your speakers and fading into twisted cuts and freaky noises. Pure afterhour madness and the perfect B-side track.

31337records

is a Berlin and Munich based label run by Stefan Klaas, Philip Steger and Sebastian Guth. The name 31337 otherwise written as ‚eleet‘ (elite) has its origin in the alternative internet alphabet called leetspeak. The label was founded in early 2007 as a platform for international artists to release quality music over the internet and occasionally vinyl. They always try to support new and upcoming artists, as well as established producers. Their focus lies mainly on minimal techno, dub and experimental electronic music. The label strives for a fresh, innovative and timeless sound. The result is a perfect mix between floor filling, subtle minimal techno, and deep, slow experimental tracks. Besides that, the label works in cooperation with rts.fm, a Russian internet radio. In the Berlin studio, they host many well known producers and DJs to stream live audio and video. In the future own events are planned, aswell as continually feeding the audience with quality music.

Feedback

Akiko Kiyama (Contexterrior, Op.disc, Nervmusic, Mean | Berlin)
Ohh Cabanne!! Wonderful! ‘Maki de Sade’ is amazing, dark but for me very trippy.. I’ve been missing these attitudes for music..

Easy Changes (Nervmusic, 31337records, Foundsound, Mean | Moscow)
We are very very glad to this release. Thank you 31337 and Cabanne. Full support for both tracks!

Mikael Stavöstrand (Contexterrior, Adjunct, Rrygular | Los Angeles)
Love ‘Gredingotte’, thanks!

Troy Pierce (M_nus, Mo's Ferry Prod. | Berlin)
Both tracks are cool, ‘Maki De Sade’ is my favorite. Dope!

Someone Else (Foundsound, Tuning Spork, Alphahouse | Berlin)
This is a beautiful EP!

Benjamin Fehr (Catenaccio, Nervmusic, Foundsound | Berlin)
Cool high end Cabanne tracks! I love ‘Maki de Sade’, very cool groove. Deep sh!t. In my bag! 31337 rules, ok!

Kane Roth (MultiVitamins, LesIzmo:r, Smallroom | Berlin)
‘Gredingotte’ is a nice track, as usual it’s groovy and deep, I love the dirty clap, it sounds good :) Thanks for sharing.

Matthias Tanzmann (Moon Harbour, Pokerflat | Germany)
Great music as always. Thank you!

Marco Carola (M_nus, Plus 8 | Naples)
Nice tracks!

Cesare vs. Disorder (Mean, Serialism, Dumb-Unit | Berlin)
Cabanne is back! Love it.. Thanks!

Michal Ho (Tuning Spork | Zurich)
Loving both tracks.. Excellent!

Falko Brocksieper (Substatic, Contexterrior, Tuning Spork | Berlin)
Cabanne is still great!!! Loving both tracks.

Alland Byallo (Pokerflat, liebe*detail, Dirt Crew | San Francisco)
So good! The term ‘Minimal Techno’ gets thrown around so loosely these days. It’s nice to see the real deal come out again. Cabanne!!

Vincent Lemieux (Musique Risquee, Perlon | Montreal)
Yeah de la bonne came. Et toujours d’excellent titre pour ces pièces. Très content de voir Cabanne de retour. Bine hate de te voir mon poulet.

Anthony Collins (Highgrade, Get Physical, Safari Electronique | France)
Killer EP.. Cabanne rocks!

Patrick Bateman (Tic Tac Toe, Connect Four | Copenhagen)
2 great super reduced minimal tracks. Will play!

Omar Salgado (31337records, Numbolic, Unfoundsound | Buenos Aires)
An amazing EP as usual, the hand of the great Cabannes and LEET!

Franco Bianco (Multivitamins, Dilek, LesIzmo:r | Buenos Aires)
Another amazing release from one of my fav labels! :))) Thanks for the music!

Yaya (Desolat | Turin)
Good stuff here!

Tony Rodriguez / Brothers' Vibe (Lick my Deck, Sushitech | USA)
Diggin’ it!

Livio & Roby (Desolat, Vakant | Bucharest)
Cool, cool, will try out! Thanks!

Mihai Popoviciu (Highgrade | Romania)
Serious stuff, I like both tracks!

Rainer (Serialism Records | Berlin)
Nice release!! Will play!

Hubble (Archipel, Haknam, Sleep is Commercial | Berlin)
Thanks guys! And congrats because the label is so intriguing.. I love both sides a lot!

DoubtingThomas (Mean, 31337records, Igloo | London)
Thanks for the promo! Big fan of Cabanne, big fan of Twin peaks (love the title).. Will buy the vinyl and play…

Sven Laux (Microcosm, Archipel, 31337records | Berlin)
Finally some new Cabanne tracks! My fav is ‘Maki De Sade’. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dr. Nojoke (Archipel, Unoiki | Berlin)
Suberb tracks! Both match perfectly my taste. Both are favorites. Will be charted definitely! Cheers & thanks, Bogdan.

The Automatic Message (Kalimari, Unoiki, Monsieur Musique | Vancouver)
This is such a great release, both tracks are superb. I really love the sample used in ‘Gredingotte’!!! 10/10

Eric Cloutier (The Bunker | NYC)
I see the name Cabanne and I basically instantly hit “play” – and yet again, that was a wise decision. Both tracks on the EP retain Cabanne’s notoriously infectious funk and high production value, so it’s no surprise these both will work a dance floor masterfully. Hard to choose a winner from the two, but ‘Maki de Sade’ seems to be the killer cut to my ears. Loving it! Can’t wait for more!

Katzo (LesIzmo:r, 31337records, Audio.nl, MultiVitamins | London)
Really amazing sound. Deep stuff.

Tilman (Klamauk, Minibar | Germany)
Cabanne’s music is inspiring me since a long time! Love his tunes, love this tune! Support!

Tom Dazing (ToysForBoys, Trapez | Belgium)
Great tracks, thanks!

Andrade (Pokerflat, Dessous | Paris)
Thx god, there are still labels releasing good music :) Love it!

Philipp Wolgast (Igloo, Numbolic | Hamburg)
Cabanne rules my life since a long time.. Wicked Psychofunk at its best, this release is true Cabanne music.. Full support!

Martin Bellomo (Resopal | Argentina)
Mental, intricate sounds!

Dave Congreve (Soma Records, Crosstownrebels | London)
Always been a fan of Cabanne’s tax and these 2 are excellent. Will play.

Daniel Sanchez (Area Remote, Plus 8 | Amsterdam)
Oh wow! A new Cabanne, this is great!

Terry Francis (Fabric | London)
Lovely and deep!

Matt Star (International Freakshow, Hypercolour | Frankfurt)
Great Cabanne stuff as always!

Alexis Bowles (Monsieur Musique | Montreal)
Very nice and deep, as always :)

Miro Pajic (Lazerslut, Tic Tac Toe | Berlin)
Great tracks. Support!

John Templeton (Emote Music | USA)
Wonderful release from Cabanne! Both tracks will get a lot of play, but ‘Gredingotte’ is the meal ticket on this EP for me. Thanks!

Signal Deluxe (Revolver, Brouqade, Adjunct | Mexico)
Big fans of Cabanne over here, this is a great EP, full support from our side, thanks for sending!

Raresh (Cocoon Recordings | Romania)
Good EP. Thanks a lot
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [LEET 003] Cabanne - The Owls Are Not What They Seem EP

Post by TimTor »

It is good to see that Cabanne is still around. This is yet again a very nice and uniquely flavoured EP by him. I will play Maki De Sade.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: [LEET 003] Cabanne - The Owls Are Not What They Seem EP

Post by lostinmusiq »

great release 8)