Two more new tracks by i n t e l l i j e l

- music
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Two more new tracks by i n t e l l i j e l

Post by intellijel »

Thanks for the feedback on the last two posted! I re-editted one of the tracks as a result.

Here are two more in a totally different vein:
http://www.intellijel.com/sounds/%5Bint ... atency.mp3
http://www.intellijel.com/sounds/%5Bint ... kipper.mp3

The first one is pretty quirky, microhousish stuff and the other one is a bouncy simple fun track.

Any constructive crticism/feedbackw ould be useful!

cheers,
intellijel

p.s. YOu can check out some live sets and other material at www.intellijel.com
cinch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cinch »

Hey intellijel, its Cam here. I just joined mnml.nl an low and behold I see your tracks posted at the top of the member tracks. Anyway's heres my take on the new tracks....

Low Latency:

Excellent mix, extremely clean and clear. Great use of the stereo space. I like the way you mutate the main bleepity melody line over the course of the track. I think the sub bass line is a bit to linear for my tastes. I'd like to hear some pitch bends/modulations. Although on the other hand, I know it would rumble my guts in a club either way :wink: . Great work on this one (as usual).

Mud Skipper:

Ooooo I remember this one from your last Live Set. Seriously dirty electro funk. Love the bassline, simple and catchy. And oooh that portamento synth bit, soooo sweet. The elements are well mix, but i think some of the elements could stand to be a bit brighter, especially the shuffly hats at the very start of the track. I think my favourite thing about this track is that it's very memorable. I'd easily be able to go home from a night out, humming the synth hook.

I just went to your website and downloaded the two other new tracks on there, so I might as well review them here in this post while im at it...

Green Cell Grey:

Great ambiences right off the beginning. I love the first set of microedits that come in. Very fat sub bassline, it sounds a bit like a bass player groovin along. This track sorta feels like one big intro. I think it would be really intense if you were to build all the ambient bits up and then cut all of the air/reverb away, revealing a really dry, minimal, and upfront mid-bass line, paired with just the kick and hi hat/shaker. I love when tracks seem like their going to be totally ambient and then they build to a ripping mean bass and kick drum combo with zero reverb. I dunno, its just a thought. Either way, this tunes pretty chilled out and lush.

Abinlancesh:

The intro for this track is amazing. I love the distant clicky business. The whole thing kinda reminds me of monolake. Oh man, the dubby synth is really nice, I can't help but focus on it. The short arpeggio that comes in later really ties everything together. Again I think this track would sound really wicked with a short section that doesn't have any of the airy hiss thats present troughout most of the track. You'd really be able to hear the decays of the dubby synth as well as the clicky stuff. I love the end of the track, where you leave me with the hiss for one last moment.

Dude, i'm such a fan. Keep me coming.

cinch.
(cam)
forcesupreme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forcesupreme »

This is some quality stuff!

Love the first one, low latency!
dug
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dug »

low latency is a wee cracker!! cheers mate.
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

Hey Cam, welcome to mnml! I have only been here a few months but it seems like a cool community.
Yous hould post your stuff here too.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, I have been looking at your suggestions and compiling feedback from other people.

Low Latency: some people have wondered about putting a cool melody over top, I am personally finding it difficult. I may leave this track as is for now.

Mud Skipper:
I want to add some more edits to this, make it cooler. Any ideas?

Abiclancesh and Green Cell Grey I am leaving as is for now. They were quick to make and are part of ongoing experiments. I have some more like this to post soon (this style seems to be working well for me at the moment)

How is your music coming along???

peace,
Danjel aka Intellijel
RAK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RAK »

i like the second trak a lot, simple but very nice
RAK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RAK »

the 1st track isnt bad either, i like the low part to extend the beat
Juho Kahilainen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Juho Kahilainen »

Both tracks are very good production. The mix is clear and the mastering is done with skill.

Low Latency could do well as a dj-tool. It's probably easy to mix and has some nice hooks track that would work with other tracks.

Mud Skipper is my pick. It takes melodies from arcade pop and rhythms from house. It's naive in positive way. Very unique... I love it.
Juho Kahilainen (dj & producer)
Info: http://www.juhokahilainen.com
Club: http://www.phonour.com