WIN!! 2 x [Connaisseur004] Jochen Trappe - Organic

- wax
Connaisseur
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

WIN!! 2 x [Connaisseur004] Jochen Trappe - Organic

Post by Connaisseur »

Hello everybody!

Don't be confused because of the catalog-number, due to organisational reasons, 004 and 005 will be released before 003.

ARTIST: Jochen Trappe
TITLE: Organic
LABEL: Connaisseur Recordings
FORMAT: Vinyl 12”
CAT.NO.: CNS004-6
RELEASEDATE: 22.02.2006
STYLE: Technofunk

TRACKS:

A: Organic -> click
B1: Organic (Plain Babicz Style) -> click
B2: Technofunk -> click

Jochen Trappe is the first newcomer on Connaisseur. At the early age of five, he played the trumpet, however his enthusiasm for electronic music soon led him in other directions. At the age of 15, he took his first steps towards music production with his own computer.
Today, the student of computer sciences is so adept, that he will occasionally program his own music software. His only release up to now was a single track on a mini compilation on Neue Heimat. This track, however, was frequently played, for example by Miss Kittin. Our man from Kiel, in the north of Germany, excites with a very distinct own style of fresh beats and inventive sounds between noisy roughness and digital sweetness and lots of funk – in one word: Technofunk.

Organic is everything but organic. It is a digital monster packed with glitchy and noisy sound fragments. This is contrasted by a very funky and almost classic bassline which drives the track on and on. The massive break surprises with heavy percussion elements and an unobtrusive jazz feeling. A soaring acidline finally renders this piece of music a huge club track.

Organic (Plain Babicz Style) is Techno like an enormous V8 engine. Robert Babicz aka Rob Acid, one of the founding fathers of German Techno, blows up the original with his own typical style and ultimately also adds a portion of emotion. Killer!

Technofunk is what the title implies and epitomizes Jochen’s trademark sound. A track which thrives on it’s contradictions. Basically very classic in the choice of sounds and structure, were it not for the serrating uprising sequence which drills this track deep into your mind. For early morning sessions…

Same procedure as last time: To paticipate just say "here!" and a few words about the tracks.

Deadline: February 18th, 2006

Distributed by Intergroove / Germany

Coming next :
CNS003-6 Markus Müller - Chateaubriand
CNS005-6 Ripperton presents Rayon – Folks & Flakes EP

Check: www.connaisseur-recordings.com
Last edited by Connaisseur on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

wooooooooooow!!

organic - really amazing! really love the quirky/glitchy sounds and clicks, similiar to the new ryan crosson productions in one way :)
this track all the things that i look for in tracks, lots of crazy sounds and funk and groove for the dancefloor! :)

organic babics style - nice and chill track, love the melody rob has used here, a bit trippy, good late-nigth track for the afterhours! :)

technofunk - very good aswell, but not at the same level as the other two tracks, but definately a good track which completes a really good release (again from connaisseur)!

will def. buy this one when it's out as i've done with the chardronnet and the afrilounge releases), but always nice with a contest, so:

HERE!! :)
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Oh my God!!

The "Organic" tracks are just amazingly phat!!!!

I will not say the "H" word because I won the previous contest but I will definately buy this record!!

Don't like the third track that much but the first two are simply beautifull...
*I support southern fruits*
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Jesus!

This kid has talent ... serious balls on the floor tracks!
and Babicz's version is venomous!

I won the first one but man i'm gonna have to say HERE!

Organic - just hooks you right away with that bassline then gets more and more funky and intricate till your like there's no way it can get any better...then it does!

Technofunk- filthy classic technoize wrapped in smooth ass!
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 000000 »

yeah, organic is dope...

another great release from Connaisseur!

and like Harm, if i didn't win the first release i'd be all over this one too.

i guess i'll just have to hassle some canadian store to get on this a.s.a.p

keep up the good work!
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RussC »

organic has some nice clip clop feel too it,, nice and head bobbing.. my fav out of the 3

robert babicz remix has some nice parts really chilly,, would be good for daytime sets.

technofunk- my buddy would lovvvvve this.. tottally into what hes looking for in a track. nice track tho~!

its cool how your doing this tho connaisseur,,much respect.

also intrested in the muller release,, keep on keepin on

here!
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

HERE!

Organic - I have to agree that its definatly not organic. The dry glitch nature of the tracks foundation is warmed up by the funk full bassline and soothed over by the herbertesque draggy hats.

Organic RMX - Feeling a little closer to organic in nature this remix sets out on a slightly spacey dream full of emotion and sensation. I really enjoyed this version.

Technofunk - This feels like the more jackin of the 3 cuts. With the groaning of the drill and the nice chord shots. Great for the dance floor.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

organic - sounds neat. it flows very smoothly, the body feels invited to flow with the track as well. perfect to close a trippy set or warming up some magda-style night.

organic (plain babicz style) - what else to say? it IS the babicz style set upon a beautiful track. excellente results.

technofunk - don´t particularily like the track by itself; mixed might sound better though. maybe it´s a little 'loud', but rhythm is good. i also like those cuts in the middle.

good work, congrats to the connaisseur staff.
here!
zero.