Religion

- open
JayDreamin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Religion

Post by JayDreamin »

I know, I know. This is one of the 3 topics to never bring up in mixed company. But im curious. I dont want to open this thread for debate. I just want a general poll of minimal fans beliefs.

In one word......what is your belief.

Ill go first.

Agnostic
Ryszard Blvck
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ryszard Blvck »

Goonerism
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

religion is just a path a human follows in order to find himself, believe in himself and walk his way in life with an as much less as possible troubled mind.
religion is not important cause its faith that counts.

taken the opportunity i'd like to say that most religions of modern times (and especially christianism) have evolved in a very twisted and corrupt way, which make em seem hypocritical and fake.

People die over religion
Look at northern ireland
Kids are brought up on hatred
If thats religion i dont want it

© The Exploited - F**K Religion
Zergon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Zergon »

well, if you started with punks, i shall continue with them:

I am an antichrist, I am an anarchist...
(Sex pistols)

:mrgreen:
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

me... I'm an anti-theist... (don't like atheist as that word implies theres something there which you are choosing not to believe in)

For anyone who can get UK Channel4 this eveing at 20:00 GMT theres a program on called 'The Root of All Evil' LINK

as the tag line for the program says...

There are good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things it takes religion...
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

To be honest, I think most people fail to separate human nature from religion. It is not religion which makes people corrupt, fight wars, hate and segregate, it is the people who are in charge of religion, it is the humans who operate Christianity, Islam, etc.
Religion in the most simple sense is a pure and spiritual thing, but it is the humanisation of religion which leads to wars trying to wipe out all of the Muslims, or bombings trying to kill the infidel Christians. These acts of violence and stupidity are not advocated by the holy books, they are simply what people choose to do themselves, and they hide it behind religion to make it seem ok. If you can persuade people that what you are doing is right, and holy, then they will follow you. As such, religion gets blamed for a hell of a lot of things which are in fact no more than human stupidity or greed behind a "holy" mask of lies.
Politicians and leaders are always looking for excuses, ways to trick people into believeing what they tell them and doing what they want them to. Unfortunatey, they have always used religion as an excuse, which has given it a bad name. But it is not religion itself which causes the violence and hatred, it is the people behind it. It is us: the humans.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

kexism
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

mayzee wrote: There are good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things it takes religion...
:idea: