piracy does anyone even bother?

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

piracy does anyone even bother?

Post by victorgonzales »

This is a question to the many label owners on here. I have noticed TONS of piracy sites mainly russian but also many other file sharing sites with my labels releases on them and my releases on other labels there as well. Some of these assholes even sell the damn thing in russian sites. Kinda pisses me off.

Do you guys just accept the loss or do you do something about it? It seems you cant really stop them but have any of you had sucess in trying?

I was thinking if anyone on here knows some good hackers all the label owners could get together and chip in to pay them to tear all these sites to pieces on a regular basis. Id definately pay a dollar a month for that. And with hundreds of other label owners paying a dollar a month a hacker could make a good living protecting our music from theives.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

As I see it there is kindda nothing to do with the Russian assholes, sadly.
Regarding files being hosted on rapidshare/megaupload/zshare or what ever other filehosting company, my experience is that you just write them when you find your release at their servers and they take it down asap (within 24 hours)....

There is also a company specializing in this, haven't tried them out so far, but was thinking about doing it with one of the coming releases.

http://www.ripblock.com/
I think it's a good service they offer, but on the other hand, if you have the time to do it yourself, then you can do it for free, but if you don't have the time for it, then I think this is a good offer for sure!
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

you might do well to find hackers who'd be into that sort of behaviour.
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: piracy does anyone even bother?

Post by humeka »

victorgonzales wrote:I was thinking if anyone on here knows some good hackers all the label owners could get together and chip in to pay them to tear all these sites to pieces on a regular basis.
I like this idea!
I'm not label owner but I'd like to see that happen!
Artificial
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Artificial »

yeah.. stop illegal sh!t.. with illegal sh!t :roll:
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

yes why not?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

There is nothing you can do. My stuff is always up on dodgy sites, I have tryed emailing them but never get a response.

In most cases you can comment on the music so i just write something like 'Has viruses do not download'
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

It's crackers you would be looking for not hackers.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is

Your not going to stop file sharing I think - even the recording industries and movie industry with all their political lobbyists can't make a large impact. There losing millions (maybe billions) every year so you can imagine how much money they put into trying to stop this problem.

There always going to be behind. The only way to completely eradicate something like this is if the government and police force watch and monitor everything we do - big brother.