[imm 039] Hermannstadt Collective - Raw Fruit EP

- wax
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[imm 039] Hermannstadt Collective - Raw Fruit EP

Post by JayBliss »

New Release Info - December 1 // Hermannstadt Collective // Mr Statik // Raw Fruit EP

NEW RELEASE INFO

Artist : Hermannstadt Collective
Title : Raw Fruit EP
Release Date : December 1, 2008 (Vinyl)
December 8, 2008 (Digital @ Immigrant Site)
December 15, 2008 (Digital @ Other Sites)
Label : Immigrant Records
Cat No. : IMM.039

Immigrant's 39th vinyl EP comes from the mighty Hermannstadt Collective (aka Jay Bliss, Mihai Popoviciu and ToyGUN), four nice slices of energetic tech house. They're already making waves in their home country of Romania with regular appearances between them at Chill Out Club, Studio Martin and Kristal Club, as well as recent releases from Mihai on Berlin's renowned HIGHGRADE label. Connected has already found fame via fellow countrymen A:RPIA:R, having licensed the track to MOON HARBOUR's Circoloco 10 Year Anniversary compilation. Offering a fruity re-work is Grecian Mr.Statik of IMMIGRANT, KARLOFF and STOCK5. With Eastern Europe frequently said to hold the freshest new electronic music scene, these will be exciting days for the boys from Sibiu.

A1 - Connected (Original Mix). A constant bass sets the tempo here whilst a variety of tech-house sounds and stabs build swing and groove and with a slightly edgy feel. Pads slip-slide into relapses of pace, demonstrating Hermannstadt Collective at their finest and most typical - loved at Circoloco this summer, Connected is a proven hit to begin a tasty EP.
A2 -Raw Fruit (Original Mix) This second offering is bouncy, tracky and fun. A solid bassline underpins lashings of shuffle, hi-hat and an omnipresent drum, with warm chords to keep the track sweet. Various sounds zoom in and out of the mix creating space, interest and peaks-a-plenty. Raw indeed.
B1 - Raw Fruit (Mr.Statik Mix). Mr.Statik’s rework takes the chords of the original and introduces them from the off, meaning more subtlety and less bounce than the original. As much of a builder, tension drips from every bar as the track teases in and out of its climaxes; its narrative twists and changes with the addition of muted claps and a barely there vocal sample to the point of a dizzying climax where all sounds collide but never lose their cool. Uber.

Feedback

Simon Baker (Infant / Playhouse / Connaiseur)
been playing track 2 all weekend. solid release. good stuff as usual from Immigrant. have charted.

Pheek (Archipel)
Will play Raw fruit and its remix. I like those 2!

Xpansul (Ovum / Soma)
Wow, this is amazing really, the 3 originals are just the bomb.

Mr C (Superfreq/ The End)
A1: This is a nice bleepy groove track & great for in the mix. On rotation. 7/10 A2: This is a nice groove track too. I like the bass line which makes it a little more party. On rotation. 7/10 B: & another decent groove track, I like the delays on the synths. Good for in the mix also. On rotation. 7/10”

Nick Hoppner (Panorama Bar / My My)
Excellent EP. Connected and Raw Fruit are my favourites. Will definitely play them out!

Burnski (Infant / Dessous / Morris Audio )
really like rawfruit. wkd break and solid groove. will be playing

Agaric (We Are)
Yes been playing these tracks, funky fresh :)

Kreon (Resopal / Below)
Super Dooper extra funky sh!t!Playin it everywhere

Alland Byallo (Nightlight / Leibe*Detail / Floppy Funk)
It's so nice to hear people enjoying House music again. I love this new -- or maybe revisitede -- side of Immigrant, and I love this entire EP. I think my favorite is Flash Gordon, though Connected comes in a close second. There's some old DBX derivative sounds in the latter that really grab me! I'll be playing these tracks, and quite often! Solid work yet again from Immigrant, but at this point it's absolutely no surprise.

Mark Henning (Soma)
raw fruit is cool :)

Drumcell (Droid LA)
REALLY dig this EP .. exited to play it out ..gonna give it a run this weekend at a few gigs. more feedback soon

Noah Pred (Thoughtless)
'flash gordon' & 'connected' are the ones for me - deep techy business! will have to work them in. thanks for sending...

Gower Ramsay (Tbar London)
I first heard Raw Fruit a couple of months a go when Robin was playing at T Bar, I immediately had to go up to him and write the name down, it was definitely the stand out track in the set. Flash Gordon I heard the next time he played there and again I had to get the track name, Great tracks!!!

Dave Twomey (Tokyo, Samurai FM)
CONNECTED IS A FUNKY LITTLE MOTHER ISNT SHE... TOP 3 CUTS ALL ARE AND FLASH GORDON WELL ALL I CAN THINK IS FRENCH KISS 2008. SICK REALLY REALLY SICK...

Dave Mothersole (MOS Radio)
i really like the mix these guys did of 'fiesta hotel'. this is good too, especially the raw fruit statik mix and 'flash gordon'. will play out and on radio.

Tyler Stadius (Fabric)
Wow! "Raw Fruit"and "Flash Gordon" are great!
This is the second really good release I've heard coming from Romania this week. What's in the water? I want some. :)

Murray Richardson (Rebel Waltz)
this is top stuff im loving it, well into the connected cut! - charting and supporting!

Samples : http://www.wordandsound.de/article/56239
PETER PANN
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PETER PANN »

bravo jay
raw fruit is a real killer to the dancefloor
the fisherman fish fish
char-imm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Preview these tracks

Post by char-imm »

Preview all tracks online and in full here

More info and tracks available at:
http://www.immigrantindustries.com
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Love all tunes! Raw Fruit is my fav!

Edited: the exclusive digital tune Flash Gordon is also amazing.
Big Bully
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Big Bully »

YO.. this is the hot sh!t....
gimme more, gimme more.
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by JayBliss »

out on decks.de
JayBliss