Americans and dancing to mnml

- open
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Americans and dancing to mnml

Post by re.vise »

So, I've been watching all morning at youtube the video's from DEMF and I was wondering why 80% of the crowd stands still. When I go out in Amsterdam I get bumped everywhere because of jumping people and even sometimes I get some legs in my face because of the extreme shuffle-moves. Whats up with Americans and not dancing to great music? And if they dance it look like they took 5mg MDMA with 3 XTC pills with a little cocktail mixture containing some GHB. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7MNYwUNL4 3:20)

Do people in the states have an other opinion when going out for a party?
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

dancing is overrated 8)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

many are toooo up-tight...and are too afraid to completely let go...so concerned about (what others) would say or think..

the people that dance (at the demf) don't know what's up and are just trying to have a good time...

it's more like mall moms on liquor ..or punk rock hippie girls getting loose.....that dance like that... minus a few exceptions..

hard to get/see a balance of party people.. getting down..they are all sleeping and waiting for the after parties to happen..

:)
Last edited by John Clees on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Americans and dancing to mnml

Post by ec50 »

"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Generally I think americans dont get it when it comes to mnml... Its like they are waiting for the vocals to kick in or the melody to peak with a rolling snare drum. Germans are the kings at mnml dance tho!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ec50 wrote:
:shock:

haha I love the rocker(s) that now (rock) out to some techno..

god bless them.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Celltek wrote:Generally I think americans dont get it when it comes to mnml... Its like they are waiting for the vocals to kick in or the melody to peak with a rolling snare drum. Germans are the kings at mnml dance tho!
I wouldn't go that far just yet...

people in detroit (myself included) hate the out and open..

we are used to dark / dirty / grimy / no lighting - very dark warehouses..

where no one can see us... then we let ourselfs go.. otherwise you have some cookie cutter poser

ripping your moves the following week..

hahaha
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

re.vise wrote:So, I've been watching all morning at youtube the video's from DEMF and I was wondering why 80% of the crowd stands still. When I go out in Amsterdam I get bumped everywhere because of jumping people and even sometimes I get some legs in my face because of the extreme shuffle-moves. Whats up with Americans and not dancing to great music? And if they dance it look like they took 5mg MDMA with 3 XTC pills with a little cocktail mixture containing some GHB. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7MNYwUNL4 3:20)

Do people in the states have an other opinion when going out for a party?
There's a big difference between north america and europe as when it comes to dancing. Europeans tends to dance more and get in party mode more quickly. I'm not sure why, but they seem to appreciate it more. Then again, it depends where you go in NA. Some cities go crazier than others, and even there, if you switch from one party to another (ei. communities), the vibe can also differ.

Some exemples:
Detroit people can go VERY crazy if they love the music.
Denver people are nuts (in a good way).
NY is always a lot of fun (if you hang out with Alkarex :P)

One of my weirdest experience is Toronto where people sometimes, dont even dance at all (but apparently love it). Montreal is also sometimes, very weird. Although Montreal is a city of electro so if there's no driving basslines, people tend not to do anything.

As for japan, I think you get the best listening experience over there. Simply awesome.

Glad you bring this up, I wanted to talk about this since a while ago but never did.