"minimal is the new trance"

Post by fayce »

or so the rumour goes...

discuss.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I can see this is gonna be some in-depth discussion right here.
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

it depends on what you mean:

if you mean that it is becoming a trend for masses and it is no more an exclusive music you are right.

if you mean that the style has been mixed with every other existing styles you are also right.... sometimes it sucks...

and if you mean that minimal is no more a guarantee for interesting electronic music you are also right... was it so at the beginning?... yes and no...

now for my personal curiosity: this is really your first qustion on the board, or did you open an extra account because this question was delicate?
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

really - who cares?

these type of discussions just bring uneccesary negativity if you ask me. besides, I think there has been like 30 posts already concerning the same subject.

believe in the music you like and forget about the rest, negativity won't lead anywhere in the end anyway.
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

When Richie Hawtin becomes as famous and big as Tiesto en minimal will be big as Sensation (see pic) than, ladies and gentlemen, minimal will be the new trance.

Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I think your claim is extremely objective and in bad taste to many here on the board.
Minimalsm.gr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimalsm.gr »

no need for negativity to discuss if minimal is becoming a new trend.. Which obviously already is..that brings both pro's and con's.a massive hype about a music style brings positive feelings..at first.Bad things follow :?
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

I just think things like these are uneccesary, and boring... and doesn't really lead anywhere more than you get pissed over situation what can/is happen(ing) with the music. lets create and/or support good music and spend less time thinking/talking about all the bad things happening.

I think we all are aware of the situation what is happening, so why bother further ;)

I've spent too much time getting irritated over bad releases or whatever, and for what. let's focus on the good stuff instead.

just my view... (sorry if anyone got offended)
Last edited by fredrik_h on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.