Genelec 8030, Adam 7, KrK V8 series II,or others?

- ask away
clairo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Genelec 8030, Adam 7, KrK V8 series II,or others?

Post by clairo »

Hi,
right now i want to upgrade my monitors.
My studio is 3x3 and the monitors are about 1mt each from my ears.
What i want from my monitor is essentially a flat eq.
I know that this is only theory and that practice is another matter(every speaker colors sound), but i wish to have monitors that are flatness in eq as possible in this price category (till 1000-1200 eur @ pair).
Is this requirement only mine? Probably every one who looks for a good mix have this requirement,or not?
Wich monitor of the Subject (Genelec 8030, Adam 7, KrK V8 series II) do u suggest,why? Are there other monitors with these caracteristics?
Thank U.
Cla.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Adam A7!

if you can listen to the speakers that you mentioned, then do it, it's a very subjective matter.

personally i dont like the sound of the krks at all.
Alex semko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Alex semko »

The Mackie HR824's are pretty flat...

haven't heard the 624's.

:wink:
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

sauce wrote:I meant $5000, as in "Dynaudio is the best monitors for under $5000". Genelec doesn't make a good speaker for under 5 grand. Also, my Genelec 1038's don't have near the "true" monitoring that a pair of Dynaudio has for half the price, and that's that. My next pair of monitors will be Klein and Hummel. Period.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

sauce wrote:
sauce wrote:I meant $5000, as in "Dynaudio is the best monitors for under $5000". Genelec doesn't make a good speaker for under 5 grand. Also, my Genelec 1038's don't have near the "true" monitoring that a pair of Dynaudio has for half the price, and that's that. My next pair of monitors will be Klein and Hummel. Period.
Genelec 1032A's are under $5k a pair and are great for any type of music. I'd take them over Dyn's any day of the week, but again, it's personal preference.

The 1032A's are similar to the 1031A's except they have an extra 4db of output on the low end and a little less on the high end. Bi-amped, massive 10" drivers and they play very loud so you can really wing out the mix to get a good idea of what it will sound like on a larger system.
sauce
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sauce »

Yeah, well the longer I use the 1038B's, the More I wish I had bought the Dynaudios. Soon, however, there will be Klein and Hummel, as I said. So soon, in fact, that I can feel my troubles melting away... aaaaaahhhhh.
..::ArenaRockForAndroids::..

http://soundcloud.com/danieklerr
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I like the Adam A7 a lot.
Freak654
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Freak654 »

When you are gonna take a listen to any Genelec already mentioned you should also take the 8040 in consideration.

Your studio is a bit small but the lack of bass in the 8030's is very very very obvious compared to the 8040's. You will need an extra sub. They could be a little overkill for a 3x3 room but this should not be a problem if you listen to them at lower volumes.

What I personally like about 8040's and Genelec in general is the very wide stereo space and the brightness of the highs (not 'coloured' brightness). I also have a set of KRK's 6's and compared to the 8040's they seem to have a towel over them.

Think of this; monitors are for a lifetime (or should be). Save a little more if you want the more expensive ones. And listen carefully.

Fred