- wax
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[foundsound02] someone else - something else ep

Post by cyhl »

march 22 2005

foundsound02: someone else - something else ep

finally, foundsound02 is here! on foundsound's second vinyl release, philadelphia's minimal techno geek, sean o'neal (a.k.a. someone else) drops his most superb dancefloor killer to date. following releases on musik krause, microcosm music, remains, tuning spork, foundsound and unfoundsound, o'neal continues his trend of quirky weirdness and reverb madness on this explosive two-tracker. the "a" side ("picture perfect") grooves heatedly with a minimal tech-house feel fueled by a hard-hitting snare, a floor-shaking bassline, shuffly percussion, squirting synth stabs, scattered found sounds, and o'neal's own oddly effected voice hammering through the mix and popping out phrases like, "i be lookin' at you in a picture!" and "word! oh yeah!" (yes, mr. o'neal is a goofball.) on the "b" side ("bedroom eyes"), you get a deep, heady throbber with a dubby bassline, grainy voices, rhythmic reverbs, snappy percussion, the metronomic clicking and splattering of found sounds, and snippets of o'neal's own voice singing a love serenade through a vocoder.

go directly to the release page to preview the tracks: http://foundsoundrecords.com/releases/
Last edited by cyhl on Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johan »

the bedroom eyes tracks sounds nice!
dark und minimal
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suppoz »

Bedroom Eyes sounds like the track for me. A little loopy, but I like the minimal funkiness. Picture Perfect reminds me a lot of Caro, especially in the vocals. That's probably 'cause I just saw Caro play and his vocal stylings are fresh in my head.

ta,
--s-tephen
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.
reid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by reid »

Johan wrote:the bedroom eyes tracks sounds nice!
and it sounds sooooo bumping on a good system.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

the shiiiiiyeat. 8)
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Yeah, I picked this up this week. Quality stuff. Plus, its nice having another good domestic mininiminimimal label. Records are painfully expensive these days.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

thanks for the good words everybody, we will be releasing a video for picture perfect very soon.......... rockin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

v404 wrote:Plus, its nice having another good domestic mininiminimimal label.
tip: to get it at the cheaper price in the us, order it from the darla website: http://www.darla.com (dunno about the shipping costs though...)
minimalex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimalex »

i really like the picture perfect track, i think it's more energetic than bedroom eyes
i just ordered it, should be comming in soon...