luciano type fills/slices

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

luciano type fills/slices

Post by oblioblioblio »

hi there, I'm looking to make my percussion a whole lot more interesting. I love the way luciano slices his beats, it's obviously done with electronics, but it has a very organic and improvised feel to it which sounds a whole lot more like someone happily trancing out on some bongos than clicking away at a beatslicer for hours on end.

I would guess what I'm looking for is a vst which would allow me to jam a little bit with my loops, rather than fiddling around doing it manually, but one that gives me a lot greater control than say supatrigger or livecut. The Devine Machine seems to be what I'm after but it's pc only.

I thought about resampling some of my hits and putting them into impulse then getting crazy with an arpeggiator or something, but it doesn't seem right.

thanks in advance, mark.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

what software do you have? most midi has humanize (you can do this even on arp mode) and if you route out to a piece of gear...like anything by roland...you can get some interesting results...the sure fire way is to tap it all out your self and quantise a few here and there but leave most hits human...a few ms off here and there makes for a more organic feel.
kinatas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kinatas »

you could give a try with dBlue Glitch... it has some shuffle, reverse, pitch, modulation and other randomizable (fully or pattern controlled) fx...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

kinatas wrote:you could give a try with dBlue Glitch... it has some shuffle, reverse, pitch, modulation and other randomizable (fully or pattern controlled) fx...
that thing looks pretty cool but alas it's pc only. I've been having some pretty good effects with lucifer (by devine machine). it doesn;t seem to have quite the same capability as the actual devine machine, but it's pretty cool to jam with (you trigger effects and graphsets using midi notes), and is mac compatible. Plus it has 4 different outputs, so if you route them through different effects chains you can do some pretty cool stuff.