Evolution UC 33 cc numbers

- ask away
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Evolution UC 33 cc numbers

Post by MarcAshken »

Bought a uc33 to use with ableton for a liveset. I am using 10 channels in ableton, so i wanna assign the 1st 5 faders on the uc33 to the 1st 5 faders in ableton on one preset, and the 2nd 5 to the 1st 5 faders on another preset, with the pots above also. I can get the 1st preset set up fine, but when i move to the 2nd preset the unit re-uses some of the cc numbers from the 1st preset and wipes over what i had previously assigned. Its becoming more than a lil frustrating. I've tried using lots of different presets with no luck. I've also downloaded enigma, with the hope it would allow me to edit the cc numbers to what i want, but no joy. Any ideas?
Many Thanks
Marc
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I had this exact problem (I think) with my BCR2000. It took me ages to figure out what was up. You need to find a way to edit which midi channel each button and fader is sending it's ccs on. On the Behringer you can do this on the unit, or you can do it with software. I'm not sure about the UC33, but there will be a way somehow.

The thing which fooled me for ages was that I didn't realise each midi channel has it's own set of cc messages. And because all the presets on the Behringer used ccs on the same channel, but not all the cc numbers for each preset overlapped, it left me mighty confused. Sounds like the problem you are having. Hope this helps, Mark.
Randomseed
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Randomseed »

I stumbled on this for a sec two but heres what I do. In the end I learned there really is no reason to ever re-assign cc numbers.

Set the global Midi channel to 1 as so
Here is how you change the global MIDI channel:
1. Press GLOBAL CHANNEL (ASSIGN and CHANNEL together).
The LCD will display the KEYBOARD and CHAN symbol. The 3-digit display will
show the currently selected global channel, preceded by a 'c'.
2. Type in the MIDI channel number (01-16) using the numeric keypad or
the +/- keys.

Program the entire face of the Ec33 with your first setup. Save as preset #x
then change the global midi channel to 2 and reassign everything for your second setup. Save as preset X+1
keep going to your hearts content. Your cc's wont overlap since they are on different channels and you just change your global channel as your playing to access the next "scene" in your setup.

Hope that helps a bit.
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

thxalot for this.

i'm using an oxygen8 and it made me go nuts ... :D