Clever Music goes to Beatport

- wax
Johnatan Traffic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johnatan Traffic »

Support your artists!

You might do a gig with 'unpaid' netrelease music for a good fee, would be fair for the producers to see some of that too, isn't ?

Go Clever Go !

x. K
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:I do like that people can/are doing this sort of thing... I just got pretty peeved at the idea of attempted revocation of creative commons licensing of items that were already licensed. (re-releasing the previous catalog as paid material)... technically it's still creative commons licensed and so regardless of where it comes from (a friend, slsk or beatport...) it's still legal to freely share...

the legal question is an interesting one to ask in this case... the CC licence says that the composer/producer/creator owns all the rights of the tracks; the question is what happens when the producer decides to use his/her work for commercial purposes later on! well, more exactly, what happens to the previously shared copies of this track? I suspect we're in fuzzy grounds at this point... does anyone know whether there's a CC forum where people think about these kinda questions?

anyway, there's some good stuff coming out on the new clever! so watch out!!!!!
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

Money makes the world go round.
This means I have to be quick downloading the netreleases to save it? (my money)
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
Ro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ro »

Johnatan Traffic wrote:Support your artists!

You might do a gig with 'unpaid' netrelease music for a good fee, would be fair for the producers to see some of that too, isn't ?

Go Clever Go !

x. K
Everybody who is doing a gig with this unpaid netreleases has to donate to the netlabel, and the rest can still get it for free?
Forget it jake, it's Chinatown.
lil' jerk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lil' jerk »

If an artist wanted strictly to make money they wouldn't be releasing on a netlabel... Exposure in most cases is worth much more, and in my opinion, anything more is just a bonus in netlabel land.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Ro wrote:Money makes the world go round.
This means I have to be quick downloading the netreleases to save it? (my money)
The links didn't work when I tried yesterday ;) Go figure why :D

Well, I think it's a good idea that people pay for good music.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

lil' jerk wrote:If an artist wanted strictly to make money they wouldn't be releasing on a netlabel... Exposure in most cases is worth much more, and in my opinion, anything more is just a bonus in netlabel land.
Yeah, I know what you mean and agree. But there's now like 100000 netlabels and each time I play in a city, at least 2-3 people come to me asking me music for their "new netlabel." I can't keep up with all of that! I used to but now I get discouraged to spend hours of leeching.

So this new mass is almost making the opposite effect and I think the quality has dropped too. I used to have much more music from netlabels in my Finalscratch than now; I actually haven't put anything in a while.

Since I get a lot of demos and can't put everything on 12", I propose to artists to make a paying netrelease and this motivate them. I just hope to give the artists some support. 8)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

pheek wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean and agree. But there's now like 100000 netlabels and each time I play in a city, at least 2-3 people come to me asking me music for their "new netlabel." I can't keep up with all of that! I used to but now I get discouraged to spend hours of leeching.

So this new mass is almost making the opposite effect and I think the quality has dropped too. I used to have much more music from netlabels in my Finalscratch than now; I actually haven't put anything in a while.
I agree 100%