turntables + ableton live set

- ask away
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

clairo wrote:Sure, the black boxes are berhinger , the red I don't know, but.... the blue box?
Do you know anything about it?
The red is a Waldorf MicroWave XT (credit to jpls). The blue box is an RME soundcard.
mut-ein wrote:What do you think its better Grabber or C-Loops
There's probably not much of a difference at all, beacuse they're pretty much the same thing. The Grabber is much easier to find and it's also newer, so perhaps it has some improvements over the C-Loops. I've got the Grabber, and it works very, very well. I have friends with C-Loops, and I've never noticed a difference.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

The guy that designed the cycloops for redsound now designs for peavey.
freeeeeee
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

so there is no way out ....... buying ;-)

Thx
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

mut-ein wrote:What do you think its better

Grabber or C-Loops
I may be mistaken but I think the grabber has the same bpm detecting software as the c-loops and the soundbyte has improved v2.0 software.....
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

I actually asked speedy j this last time he was sounchecking at a big party.....

He manually syncs ableton.....just with tapping. He also said that putting ableton on a midiclock makes it slower and less precise than running on ableton's own internal clock. So if you have a lot of schemes running it might not work properly. I asked him about Richie using a lever on his A&H mixers.....Speedy J told me he was beta testing a new A&H mixer with the lever, but for him it didn't work as well as manually tapping. He has 1 pc laptop running ableton and 1 powerbook running traktor. He said that even those would drift beacause the traktor clock runs a little bit faster.....so that means you are continually tapping, just like mixing with 2 turntables.
ruzz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ruzz »

My t3 project http://www.alwayst3.com used the looper + micro sync in our dj/computer set. The mico sync will spit out a midi clock but I found it to sync so so. In the end we scrapped the micro sync and just used the looper. If the display of the looper said 128.1 bmp I would set the software to 128.1 bmp. So basically we used the looper to tell us the tempo and manually sync'd the software.

R
e/did\t
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by e/did\t »

i haven´t used my cycloops to sync any hardware yet but the timing of this machine is tight enough. i would think that you can use it to sync something
cheers
gimme something to tweak!
clairo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clairo »

Finally i have not buy the redsound micro sync,i have now 1laptop with ableton live (+vst),2 decks,1 mixer,and a bcr 2000 controller.
I listen on the decks and i tap on my laptop to give me the tempo (i must tap between 8 and 32 times to have a good estimated time), i adjust the tempo with a rotor from my bcr2000.
To adjust with a sufficient precision i have set the tempo gap in the ableton live between 120 and 133 (i usually work about 123-129 bpm), so i have a gap of 13bpm.
Now,i know that the midi signals are 128 for channel, so 13bpm/128 give me a precision of 0,1 bpm,a sufficient precision.
I have to work for now with the tapping cause is a little problematic, but is a practice problem..