[Connaisseur005] Ripperton pres. Rayon - Folks & Flakes

- wax
Connaisseur
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Connaisseur »

Due to the fact that I'm not in the office starting tomorrow till end of the week, I will postpone the deadline until April 10th. Hopefully some more people will participate till then.
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

Here!

Deep and detroitish tracks, really like them!
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

don't really know if i like a1 or a2 more, both of them are great.
a1 - can bring eevry set in absolute peak time, the sathmospheric sounds do it, this break is koind of border community like. a2 has fantastic and straight drums programming which i really like and this sleepy adark atmo just catches me. i like b2 as a dj tool, but to be honest i wouldn't play b1, cuz this is kind of music that forced me to look for and find minimal stuff. very catchy, chart like house, could be published on get physical or even superstar records as well. not my piece of cake but a possible hit.
for the a side described as neo detroit, which i really liked,
absolute HERE ! ! !
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Absolute killer release!! This Ripperton guy is no joke love his emo melodies and use of big stabs and droning/winding sounds that seem to take you back to a familiar place through sound all the while sounding brand spankin' new! Gets off that super minimal path and forges ahead with some big sounds without going overboard. The percussion remains intensely tight and keeps a minimal vibe throughout. Wow.