Best way to 'shop' your tracks

- music
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Best way to 'shop' your tracks

Post by Bobby Raven »

..wasn't sure where to post this - thought here was most appropriate. As there are a whole load of established (and not-so established) artists I wondered if anyone had any tips on the best ways to 'shop' your tracks round labels / net-labels. Has anything in particular helped in the past or is it just about the music??

I'll soon be able to travel for free on the bus so any advice welcome!!

:wink:
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Well i'd say in about half the cases its all about who you know in the business and who has a foot in a label already. The other half of cases well just promote it as thoroughly as you can really. If its good enough someone is bound to see the potential.

On my own personal level its all about the music and I hope to start a netlabel in the near future. However I am working on a collab at the moment with a producer for a track on their upcoming ep to be released on a digital label. That came about because he liked my stuff from seeing my site address on another forum. So if your stuff is good enough in someones eyes, you will get attention.
forcesupreme
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by forcesupreme »

I have been shopping around with an online demo which i've send to a bunch of labels by email. With succes! Kanzleramt and ELP Medien had already send me some positive reactions.

This is the demopage:
http://www.forcesupreme.com/nanodemo

But i guess its still better to send your demo on a CD. Because some labels don't believe in communicating thru email.
Bobby Raven
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bobby Raven »

..nice page page - to match the great tracks. :wink: