[CGTX002] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part Two

- wax
Funkhunt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [CGTX002] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part Two

Post by Funkhunt »

It's funny that only now the Gemini Re-issues are under heat. A couple of ep's were released in the past in Robsoul label and i dont remember seeing so much gossip around it. We are in the repress/reissue era and second hand market is out of control so one thing somehow balances the other. As long as the artists get their share its ok. Some records will loose the holy grail status, or the mystique but thats a lower price to pay compraring to the high $$$ requested on original copies. Also theres so many good music out there, old or new to discover...you just have to see beyond popular "classic" hyped music.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

why was there no fuss, when robsoul rereleased gemini stuff?

robsoul for one didn't press the crucial releases ..

chiwax on the other hand announced 10 releases and furthermore made pretty clear that they are gonna go for all the saught after stuff, on which the chiwax haters spent alot of money..

in addition to that chiwax doesn't really have an own output, it seems like all they do is licensing highly wanted tracks in order to press it on ugly colored wax.. that upsets some people, cause they think that everyone could do that..

harder to explain is the question why there is no core-slow-to-speak shitstorm.. they really press the expensive and saught after old gems.. plus they tend to put only one track on a vinyl which might be colored or marbled while charching 13++ € .. considering equal treatment they deserve their shitstorm too (^^)
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

roland wrote:they tend to put only one track on a vinyl which might be colored or marbled while charching 13++ € .. considering equal treatment they deserve their shitstorm too (^^)
The ones i have are black, with proper inner sleeves and covers (fvcking Chiwax with their pvc sleeves). I think only Forever Monna and MRG were released on coloured vinyl (along with regular black vinyl copies).

Also,
http://www.discogs.com/seller/DopeJams5 ... ice%2Cdesc
$10.99 or cheaper
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

that's a us seller.. in european stores all of them are 13++ .. some even €14,29 ^^ ..
http://www.deejay.de/Slow_to_Speak__L16582

but i agree on the coloured vinyl issue.. they are not as gay as chiwax in that point ;)

and just for clarification, i bought core and chiwax stuff and i'm gonna buy more of it ;)
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

roland wrote:that's a us seller.. in european stores all of them are 13++ .. some even €14,29 ^^ ..
http://www.deejay.de/Slow_to_Speak__L16582
You can always order them from a UK shop. They're cheaper there.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

yes you're right.. but it's still high priced vinyl, that was the point ;)
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

i have the first gemini repress on Chiwax and its on black vinyl, i think Swimmin Wit Sharks will be on black vinyl too.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

my swimming with sharks is black vinyl.