Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Live PA Intellijel live from Vancouver 2006.01.08

Post by gillsans »

http://www.intellijel.com/

http://www.intellijel.com/sounds/Intell ... .01.08.mp3

Many years ago some jello was left in the fridge for too long. A white, hair like fuzz grew on the surface of the jello and it seemed to radiate some sort of strange energy. A semi-intelligent life form emerged from this globular mess and was dubbed "intellijel", short for "intelligent jello".

This intellijel had a natural affinity for making musical beats and rhythms and built a studio to produce deep, quirky and melodic techno and techhouse. The climate of Vancouver (BC, Canada) was ideal for this gel based substance so intellijel has made this city the epi-centre.

Intellijel resonates well with the sounds of Detroit and Berlin, the gel also likes to build synths and noise making devices using secret technologies.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Dj Daniel S.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dj Daniel S. »

I`d love to know what sound u guys have over in Vancouver, coz pretty soon I`ll come over to B.C. as a skilled worker for 1-2 years :)

Thx !
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

We have Mat Jonson, Hrdvsion, Konrad Black, Wagon Repair, Itiswhatitis, Tomas Jirku, Rob Warren, Phil Western, Skinny Puppy, Front 242, and many other techno artists. We even have a really good deep house crowd including Nordic Trax, Ben Neville, Leaf, and many others.

The funny thing about BC and Vancouver is no one supports these artists in the way they deserve. The shows are rare and small and so are the parties. The "Scene" is focussed more on the bar, top 40, breaks and drum n bass.

Its a great and beautiful place and im sure you will enjoy your self very much.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Any thoughts on this Live PA?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Hey Gill, did you do this?

Intellijel contacted me some months ago and we discussed music. He sent me music that I liked but, as I always do, I gave him some honest feedback about things I liked less. Then I asked him music for some 12" release on Archipel and he never wrote back. :?

I like this set overall. Good moments. Maybe someday if he's into releasing with us, he will get back to me. :wink:
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Hey Pheek,

He is a friend of mine from Vancouver. I really enjoyed alot of elements of this mix and thought I would see what others thoughts were.

We have been talking about labels and netlabels lately and im sure his lack of response is a miscommunication. I emailed him to let him know you are awaiting a response.