Unlike - Undertow <-- Deep and Dark Techno 126.8 BPM

- music
Camel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Unlike - Undertow <-- Deep and Dark Techno 126.8 BPM

Post by Camel »

I've been working on this track for a while now and to my ears it sounds pretty good. But now I'm biased and dying to know if my ears are cheating me or not :) So, please let me know what you think and feel free to criticize!

http://soundcloud.com/unlikemusic/undertow

Thanks for listening!

ps. I've been previously posting under artist name Camel, but that was taken already so I had to come up with something else.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

i can notice that you have been listening ben klocks sub zero perhaps?
Camel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Camel »

Yes, I wanted to see if I could make something like that. Although nowhere near as good as the original, I think it turned out pretty well.

I would never use this track for anything serious though.

Thanks for listening.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Nice, I would just lower the sort of white noise hats that come @ 1.15...Good elements, maybe the bass line is a bit redundant though...it seems a bit unfinished though...and the theme, appart from adding, muting elements doesn't change very much...anyway this would fit well in a set....Oh and the end is very...END :arrow:
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
Camel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Camel »

Thanks for listening! I've been changing those hihat levels several times already. It's always a thing I find hard to nail.

About the bassline, this is what obviously reminds it so much about Subzero. I'm thinking of changing it completely (less notes, different key, different synth etc) so it will be a less obvious subzero copy :) (I know some of you may think it's lame to even try and emulate tracks, but I think I learned a lot in the process).

Changing the overall "theme" is something I would love to do but I find this hard to do as the basics are already there. Perhaps start a new project with some of the elements and create a new beat and merge that with the old project.. any ideas?