Ancient Aliens 2010 on the History Channel

- open
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

some giza pyramid facts:
# 13. The average weight of each stone was 2.5 tonnes.
# 14. But some weigh as much as 50 tonnes!
we can defo lift these badboys...

we can defo build the pyramids with todays technology...

look at some of the sh!t we can build today....
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

ChrisCV wrote:some giza pyramid facts:
# 13. The average weight of each stone was 2.5 tonnes.
# 14. But some weigh as much as 50 tonnes!
we can defo lift these badboys...

we can defo build the pyramids with todays technology...

look at some of the sh!t we can build today....
it's not just about being able to move blocks, that's not the most interesting aspect in this case. it's their positioning and relation to the belt stars of orion, so incredibly precise that it is said we cannot reconstruct it today. (we might not even have the knowledge they did about the universe and there's more hidden there than the few things we recognize and overlaps our primitive knowledge)

read this if you think that there's nothing more to it than just a few stones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_Correlation_Theory

(i find it less impressive what we achieved to do, considering that the egyptians had no machinery of any kind; besides I haven't heard of a skyscraper today that's placed with the stars in mind). we have it easy, all info within handreach, machines doing the work, still we haven't got a fraction of the astronomical insights they got (let alone the dedication).
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

don't get me wrong.. what the egyptians did is nothing short of astounding. .. i was just highlighting the fact that the stones weren't 200,000 tonnes.

anyways, this is a bullshit comment:
Salomo wrote:so incredibly precise that it is said we cannot reconstruct it today.
yes the egyptians were incredibly accurate in their constrcution of the pyramids.. especially with the tools they had and the knowledge they had... however saying that we can't achieve that precision today is nothing short of preposterous... where are you getting these "facts" from... today's engineering realm can construct things down to the atomic level... it don't get more precise than that...

Also these comments
Salomo wrote:(we might not even have the knowledge they did about the universe and there's more hidden there than the few things we recognize and overlaps our primitive knowledge)
And
Salomo wrote:still we haven't got a fraction of the astronomical insights they got (let alone the dedication).
really? what brought you to that conclusion?? even with all of the modern world's exploration, telescopes, theoretical physics... what have we missed that the egyptians were able to observe from the surface of the earth without any telescopes?
Salomo wrote:(i find it less impressive what we achieved to do, considering that the egyptians had no machinery of any kind;
it is amazing what they did... but the entire progression of the human race technologically is amazing non the less.. some of the things we're achieving now is truly mind boggling.. nano technology, creating new unheard of materials, observing the building blocks of an atom... to name a few...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ChrisCV wrote: chances are the alien explanation is bullshit... i'm not saying extra terrestrial life doesn't exist... there are millions of galaxies out there.. however the chance occurrence for intelligent life to form are pretty slim... .
isn't that a complete contradiction... that's exactly the point I think..

sure it's produced tv, it's on cable, but I think perhaps the awareness will be seen by more people on there vs. other more specific vid's on youtube..and therefore the purpose/message has been transferred..

I agree with Salomo about how the exact alignment to the stars is much more compelling perspective and also things that can't be recreated to today with our tools, specific lines and cuts that would done 1000's of years ago. let's not call them aliens..... but perhaps in simplicity introduce and/or explaining that their was a universal life form 1000's of years before any know civilization recorded..

in the german vid it states about a medal that we can barely cut now, was the size of a quarter, in that quarter was cut into 12 parts, and within this 1-12th part was exactly replicate of sperm inside an egg.. exactly how it appears under a microscope : also one of the instruments found that fits any size hand and it's function was to solely maneuver the thumb for delicate assistance for helping with birth complications was (even more) advanced that what the dr's use now with the tongs that are used in today hospitals was also pretty specific..
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

john clees wrote:
ChrisCV wrote: chances are the alien explanation is bullshit... i'm not saying extra terrestrial life doesn't exist... there are millions of galaxies out there.. however the chance occurrence for intelligent life to form are pretty slim... .
isn't that a complete contradiction... that's exactly the point I think..
not really.. my point was life on this planet was a careful coming together of very specific things.... there are millions of galaxies out there, so its not crazy to think that another one out there of these millions could also have the same aligning of environmental factors to create some kind of life be it bacteria, single celled organisms, to primitive beings or even advanced beings... however, for there to be the precise alignment of factors on another planet to produce a civilisation capable of inter stella space travel with the advice to build crude pyramids without tools, massively slims the odds down, as you're now being very specific...
john clees wrote:I agree with Salomo about how the exact alignment to the stars is much more compelling perspective
it is very interesting how they are aligned.. agreeed... however i don't think they're aligned anymore as stars and the earth move...
john clees wrote:and also things that can't be recreated to today with our tools, specific lines and cuts that would done 1000's of years ago.
what are the current technical obstacles that means we can't line up a building with some stars? also why can't we cut stone like the egyptians?

maybe its a mistranslation in the video? but it is incredible how accurate they did these things.. but this does not surpass modern technology...

john clees wrote:let's not call them aliens..... but perhaps in simplicity introduce and/or explaining that their was a universal life form 1000's of years before any know civilization recorded..

1000s of years before civilisations we were Neanderthals scurrying around in the dirt looking for food...

I think i'm going to have to waste my time with this video and see what bullshit they're talking about...
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

ChrisCV wrote:don't get me wrong.. what the egyptians did is nothing short of astounding. .. i was just highlighting the fact that the stones weren't 200,000 tonnes.
I wasn't talking about the pyramids, I was talking about the obelisks.

(I guess I exaggerated the weight a bit. :P)

Will replay later with more time.
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

yeah oblisks are pretty fucking massive... and pretty fucking heavy....

but the old egypos had some old skool methods which allowed them to erect (snigger...) these beasts....

with enough man power, rope and a lot of time on their hands to get it right they were definitely capable of pulling it off.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

chris, youre a engineer? i mean building skyscrapers?
if not how can you tell what can we build and what can we not?
stfu
its all about the rhythm