Quality of living index 2010

- open
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

simonb wrote:57... could be worse :P
like 89
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

roland wrote:yes, 1st 8)

i wonder how they measure it tho..
oscilloscope! ;)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i wouldn't overrate such indices tho.. how high your quality of living is, depends on how much money you have no matter which city you live in..
unkn0wn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unkn0wn »

Since we're talking about Vienna, a friend of mine is getting married in Ljubljana, Slovenia and we're heading there, but we'll make a small stop on Wednesday and Thursday in Vienna. Any particular hints? Be it nightlife (which my party is very much keen on) or just touristical!!

Much appreciated!
unkn0wn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unkn0wn »

Sorry for the double post mates :(
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

wrong thread sry
Last edited by roland on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

regarding vienna, what they dont mention, half of the population is 50+, and its fucking boring here for young people

wednesday and thursday the nightlife doesnt exist, and if, then its a party where rich people drink prosecco.

so i would recommend a more touristical approach.

maybe http://www.donauturm.at/en/Default.aspx its beautiful up there and you get a wonderful view over the city (in the evening recommended)

also maybe you want to visit any open air bath, cause its going to be hot (up to 30 degrees) in my opinion not the best days to travel hours through the city to see some buildings.

if you search a nice location for a drink in the evening i recommend a bar which is called "donau" ( address: Donau 1070 Vienna, Karl-Schweighofer-Gasse 10 ) nice underground flair with electronic sounds but in a more chilled fashion. go there befor 9 oclock because after you wont find a place to sit.
unkn0wn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unkn0wn »

yeah, after my small research i was expecting something like your answer :) guess I miss the tuesday nights! thanks for the insight, will try to check that out then...

you know how's a tourist life in the summer, gotta hang on to the temperatures ;)