b1. never beat
b2. no more no less

release date vinyl: 8th feb.
out now on digital stores like whatpeopleplay.com
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Love the vocals, nice dirty clap.. super strong release :shock: !!!
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

amazing release.. es enserio!!
igloo-rec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

dj/producers/media feedback

Post by igloo-rec »

Kate Simko:Love the wild west style of Cascabel Gentz!  Great vocals and funky shuffle tracks- full support.

Sebastian Wick (watergate): Never Beat and No More No Less are awesome. Will play!!!

Agaric: feeling it! Awesome!

Someone Else: no more no less is sick!

Jeremy P Caulfield: Coool ! Coool ! Will play no more no less ....Record of the month !!!

Ahmet Sisman: sounds very fresh!!!

Jorge Gonzales (los updates): I really like the Cascabel Gentz release , specially the  "never beat " track ...uplifting and cool sounding.

Jorge Savoretti: nice tracks…i will play b2 :)

Papol: i like it! different and groovy!

Inxec: Very Nice

Gurtz: No more no less : Bombastic. solid record. will play it.

Laurent Garnier: proper trip Love this - will play this a lot

Sian: never beat is the one for me!

John Digweed: good stuff

Danny Tenaglia: never beat sounds good!

Deepchild: [a]pendics.shuffle has featured in my sets for years - A-Grade, unique style with no peers. Brilliant sh!t, deep as it gets. Full support!

Patrick Pulsinger: all 3 tracks have great vibe!!! never beat is my fav!!! in my set this weekend....;)

Markus Kavka: hochmusikalisch, hochpsychedelisch, extravagant! eine der intelligentesten produktionen in den letzten monaten. zwei supertypen, ein superrelease!

Matt John: like everyone . never beat is my favorite ! great job !!

Mihalis Safras: phat aside! will support!!

Orde Meikle/ Soma: Never Beat - for me, excellent - will play

David Ribeiro/ Dr Alternative: Loving Cowboy Flyers. Really anxious to play it. Nor More No Less
also promises to be a huge killer track. i'm loving it. thank you and keep up the excellent work

Blind Minded: I like all the 3 tracks, Original & cool! Schone grusse aus London!yoz!

Sebastian Russell: Cascabel Gentz! I was waiting for this awesome EP:)

Toni D: full support

Jens Lissat: cowboys ! yeah

Ben Irving (Nish Nish): Cowboy fliers or never beat, all day long. love it

Resident Advisor (GER): Full support as always

Raveline, mag (GER): Das Trapez-Debüt von [a]pendics.shuffle & Dilo ist deeper, dubbiger Techno, ohne Kompromisse und authentisch.

Tsugi, mag (FR): coool one

365Mag (NL): Really like track 03

Provision, mag (JP): A : soft groovy work, nice one! B : sounds really great, cool!!! D : relaxed groove, nice oriental taste.

Spark fm, radio (UK): Absolutely top notch releases across the board. Apendics release has been battered on my show in the last month Stand out track being Cowboys flyers. Messed up love it
Solid release on MBF The usual quality tech house sound that I have come to expect from Piemont. Big on air reactions to the quasi mono remix. Have also played out with this beast.
Pick of the releases had to be Reshef on trapez. Tribal monsters that cross deep house tech even with a bit off prog. Deep a and biri have been the stand out artists in Europe along with Kaiserdisco and Edu and coyu imbernon for me over the past 6 months and I thank you for introducing them to me. In January have played all for versions on the air. Marcu Sur remix is special. Will stay with me through till the summer definitely. Spoiling us with this so early in the year.#

Halfstereo, Istanbuld fm, radio (T): cool collaboration. Just like a orac sound. And more forward thinking. Like it especially Never Beat

Tomaz, telenet, radio (BE): Never Beat is excellent. Good groove and catchy vocals. Playing !

Kanal K, radio (CH): Played and charted

Fresh Meat / Berlin Mitte Institut, radio (GER): Nice minimaly groovers, thank you !

Diversions Radio (CA): Played and charted

Radio Calade (FR): Played and charted

Pulse radio: (a]pendics.shuffle, AKA Kenneth James, remains one of EDMs most enigmatic stalwarts - his proto-tech, tightly-tooled bleep-excursions finding favor with high-brow chin-strokers and SanFran raver-crusties alike. James (who's prolific output also encapsulates monikers Eight Frozen Modules / K.J. Gibbs / The Premature Wig and several more) seems as perpetually enamored by sound-design as by dance-floor mechanics - with a knowing sense of tech-savvy mirth perhaps only paralleled by a certain Richard D. "Aphex Twin" James, yet never falling captive the Warp imprint's occasionally superfluous experimentalism. His discography is immaculate - Mille Plateaux, Force Inc and a plethora of genre-defining imprints a testament to his well-earned respect. Similarly, collaborative partner in crime , Dilo, with confident embrace of 4-to-the-floor techtonics, has consistently inverted and elasticized the dance-floor template, embracing experimentia for labels like Igloo and Adjunct Audio, whilst remaining fantastically groove-savvy. Exhaling unexpected shards of organic minutiae, weird dub-treatments and vocal oddity into the atmosphere cleared by the falling kick-drum, this is a producer-pairing as well-synergised as one might expect.  Dilo's take on electronica has veered toward the darker and more reverent end of the spectrum, whereas Mr Shuffles persistent "P-Funk" sensibility, has ensured productions rarely veer into techno-sophism. For all the clicks, pops and psychedelics, Mr Shuffle came to dance. Probably drunkenly, pants falling off a sweaty arse, glass of red-wine in hand. So, to Trapez 105 - the most recent offering from a label seemingly intent on expanding its well-established repetoir to include an increasingly diverse palette of contemporary techno sounds. Whilst many labels are trimming-fat and 'pressure-cooking' their sonic buffets to palid generic mush, Trapez are venturing deeper into the wilds of the underground cook-out; drunken-noodle and peppery tofu-surprises, washed down with strong moon-shine liquor and a deft pull from the shisha-pipe. With Trapez 105 Shuffle/Dilo offer a rather-more jacked-up Trapez sound. Its house-music, but not quite as we've known it; with a deeply swung and 'booty-bass' driven sound - less Berlin minimal, and more Chi-Town pump and hum and mystery. Compelling, very fresh stuff, and all refreshingly impure. Cowboys Flyers, the A-Side cut, sounds brilliantly coked-up, saturated with nods to an almost Doors-esque psychedelia - whispered vocals and double-entendre, mutant, dripping organ-lines and relentless cowbell. Detuned lyrics swoon with curious mentions of flying cowboys, floating people and anything being permissible. Somewhere above, Lucy stares down from her Diamond encrusted Sky. Eight and a half minutes later, and the trip feels like it could continue for days, but probably shouldn't - James' dystopic vocal ringing with the wry irony Hunter S Thompson peddled so brilliantly. Only fractionally more sober, is B-side, Never Beat, vocal-driven and blipped-out, though more tightly-tooled than its predecessor, but rolling on with a fathomless sub-bass and kick-combo, offset with shavings of sizzled-out hats and dubby echos. Deceptively minimal stuff, laced with super high-end detailing and effortless flow. The real mirth, as with much of Shuffle's work, reveals itself upon repeated listens - sub-mixed vocal gesticulations dripping with sci-fi and substance abuse, glued together in a soupy, Floyd-esque sort of psych-funk. No More No Less (b2) astutely closes a trinity of knowing paranoia; rich swaggering montage of original vocals and classic interview snippets from Bob Dylan's earliest years - hit tone all spit and fire when confronted with mainstream media assault, demanding political dissection of his work. Again, the over-arching tone is one which marries a woozy hedonism with more cerebral/analytical approach to music-construction as an intrinsically political act. Subversive, opiate-laced techno at its finest...

A.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A. »

yesh yesh
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Nice release again guys.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

nice release!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.