yaggerrr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yaggerrr »

I just ordered this,
I cant wait to hear it!!
murcof is a beautiful man.
werd.
in my basement doing important wesearch.
Modestyne
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Modestyne »

Amazing music, chills up my spine.

Saw him one or two of weeks ago in Brussels. All the music he played and improvised with from his laptop different a little from the album versions, which made the live show interesting. Some of the ambient parts were a bit boring though... ah well... very inspirational music. Very danceable too in my oppinion, though 95% of the crowd sat on the ground.

Does anyone have any tips on music like this? I know Max Richter for example, but that's just contemporary classical. And I know Alvo Noto, but that's no techno either, just minimalist electronica.
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

Modestyne wrote:Does anyone have any tips on music like this? I know Max Richter for example, but that's just contemporary classical. And I know Alvo Noto, but that's no techno either, just minimalist electronica.
Well, no one else is really like Murcof, but here are some other artists who you might enjoy if you dig Murcof: Klimek, Rechenzentrum/Mark Weizer, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Sutekh, Andrew Pekler, & Radian. None of these cats are doing the electro-classical do per say, but all devote equal attention to ambience & texture.