Hardware acquisition advice

- open
alexluci
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hardware acquisition advice

Post by alexluci »

Hi guys,i am looking forward to buying some gear for home use only and maybe for some small parties(just friends).I don't have too much money and all i can afford is this http://www.numark.com/djinaboxv6 .I need some advice if this is worth it...
Thanks
Johnny Frontera
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johnny Frontera »

wait a little bit and save some more money, its better if you can hook up a used pair of technics ....."belt" turntables are useless in my opinion. the mixer is very basic, but if you just need it for your room and get togheters with friends its "fine".
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

+1

Be smart, invest in used technics.
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

maxeinsoul wrote:+1

Be smart, invest in used technics.
+2
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

You can do really amazing things on ebay and such, have patience, watch around careful. three years ago i purchased 2x technics slkII, 4 channel mixer, 30 records, 100watt quality box and an interface for bout 700euro. I sold the records afterwards for 100euro because it was hardcore :p. I think because i take care good of all my gear I'm not even gonna make any loss when i would sell them now.

Just have patience, it's worth it :)
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

What is your budget?
alexluci
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alexluci »

Thx guys for your answers so far...you've really changed my mind...i was also hoping for some technics but my budget doesn't really help to much...i've only got for now only about 300 euros...i guess i'll just need to have a little patience and not get hasty :)...
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

alexluci wrote:Thx guys for your answers so far...you've really changed my mind...i was also hoping for some technics but my budget doesn't really help to much...i've only got for now only about 300 euros...i guess i'll just need to have a little patience and not get hasty :)...
i also vote to save for the used Technics.
dunno what they go for in your neck of the woods, but in the US you can get a pair of used 1200s for $300 (or less, occasionally), just by patiently shopping around Craigslist, eBay, etc.
better to go with a cheaper mixer for the short-term, and upgrade that later if you care to (IMO).

the 1200s are built like tanks, and will last you forever thanks to the amount of replaceable parts.
the resale value on them also holds quite well...you should be able to resell them for nominal or zero loss.
the above statements are not true of belt-drives.