How long have you been making music for?

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

tone-def wrote:
Opuswerk wrote: Got my first releases this year, but havent't got my sound exactly where i want it to be yet, so i sometimes wonder if it was wise to release stuff this early...

still searching for the holy grail...
you will never know it all, we're all learning and developing all the time.
Very very true...
I gues what i meant is that i'm looking forward to felling like i'm on the path i want to explore and not looking for it anymore. If that makes sense :oops:
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:
Opuswerk wrote: Got my first releases this year, but havent't got my sound exactly where i want it to be yet, so i sometimes wonder if it was wise to release stuff this early...

still searching for the holy grail...
you will never know it all, we're all learning and developing all the time.
no matter how long you've been doing it, you learn something new every single day, it's so rewarding. its infinite.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

hmmm. played guitar for a couple years when I was 13, then made hip hop beats for a while. had many beats on local rappers cds that were released in only a few states in certain stores. Found edm music about eight years ago and started djing. Really didn't start producing dance music until around2006got my first digital releases in 2008.

So from the beggining Id say I have been making music for about 13 years. I have only been making dance music with serious intent for about 3 years though.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

about 4 years now
daveashe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daveashe »

Too long.. about 15 years ago it all began using 4-channel protracker on the amiga - i was total crap until about 1998, much later on, when i got some proper software to use!

I remember people saying hardware was where it was at, and turned their noses up at software synths, how wrong they were :D
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

I would probably start counting from when I got my first bits of kit - a Juno-106 and LinnDrum - in 1996.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I can't remember exactly but I have always been into it from some angle or another. I was fascinated with electronic music ever since I heard early Electro/Techno like Cybotron, Hashim et al.

I'd say composition-wise, since the days of the Atari STE and early MIDI but I liked playing keyboards way before that. My interest has sort of drifted in and out and has been solid for the last 6 years or so.

It's funny, I remember the early days when I didn't understand what I was doing and everything was either stumbled upon by happy accidents or experimented with through trial and error. There's a sort of magic innocence in that and it leads to some unique stuff. Ignorance is bliss.

I'd love to get into that again as I often feel what I'm doing is a little contrived but my current set-up doesn't allow for that type of writing.
erdbeerschnitzel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

My first sequencer, I was 12 years old. Damn, 14 years ago :D